Blue Jays GDT: 2018 v3| Next: Wed, Sept 5| vs TB| 7pm ET/4pm PT | Glasnow vs Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
What Pat says: "Mike Trout hit like .200 when he came to hte big leagues"

What actually happened: Mike Trout hit .220 in a small 40-game sample in his rookie year. Then he went full Trout and started destroying pitchers and never looked back.

If you're an MLB rookie and your initial call-up adjustment/struggle period is as short as Mike Trout's you're damn lucky.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
What Pat says: "Mike Trout hit like .200 when he came to hte big leagues"

What actually happened: Mike Trout hit .220 in a small 40-game sample in his rookie year. Then he went full Trout and started destroying pitchers and never looked back.

If you're an MLB rookie and your initial call-up adjustment/struggle period is as short as Mike Trout's you're damn lucky.

Not to mention he was 19.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
"So and so has never seen a fastaball he doesn't like" I hate that. What an insightful comment. Like any player doesn't like hitting a fastball :rolleyes:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
"So and so has never seen a fastaball he doesn't like" I hate that. What an insightful comment. Like any player doesn't like hitting a fastball :rolleyes:

When you find a guy who never sees a fastball he doesn't like, you know he's a baseball player. :sarcasm:

Also, Luke Maile's hero run is dead and buried. He's .200 or lower since May. wRC+ of 76, 93, -43 in May through July-to-date.

#FreeJansen

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Maile and Gaviglio have turned to pumpkins.

Gaviglio hasn't been irredeemably awful. He probably should slot into the swingman role sooner or later though to accommodate keeping Borucki up for now when others come off the DL.

Maile can vanish though. Martin can be the D-first backup/platoon with Jansen.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Random baseball thought: I wonder if they even put garbage cans in dugouts or if it's just "man you're a millionaire, just throw your crap on the floor"

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
frTQF9QZ1xRmJLm-8qyKqba2Sg0=.gif

EDIT: balls, I jinxed it.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Random baseball thought: I wonder if they even put garbage cans in dugouts or if it's just "man you're a millionaire, just throw your crap on the floor"

There are garbage cans. I've seen them before (like that highlight of the one guy in a dugout that kept almost getting hit by foul balls so he took the lid of one of the cans and wore it like a helmet to shield himself). But I guess it's just "tradition" to let guys spit their sunflower shells all over the place, so they just don't care.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
There are garbage cans. I've seen them before (like that highlight of the one guy in a dugout that kept almost getting hit by foul balls so he took the lid of one of the cans and wore it like a helmet to shield himself). But I guess it's just "tradition" to let guys spit their sunflower shells all over the place, so they just don't care.

Yeah I get the sunflower seeds but they showed a shot of the dugout yesterday and there's probably 30 gatorade cups and other assorted garbage just rolling around on the floor. It's not something I hadn't seen before, I just never really gave it any thought until last night. Maybe someday we'll hear of a guy slipping on some garbage on a wet dugout floor and tearing his groin. A bit of a 'the team is way out of playoff contention kind of observation I guess'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad