2018 UEFA Nations League

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Now that the Nations League has been around for a little bit and things are starting to happen in terms of the final 4 and relegation, what are peoples reviews of the competition?

I still have no idea wtf is going on. Somewhere between my laziness in getting into it, and a pointless tourney?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I like it, and I was always in favour of it when it was announced (even when the Netherlands' outlook was bleak after their group was drawn).

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Now that the Nations League has been around for a little bit and things are starting to happen in terms of the final 4 and relegation, what are peoples reviews of the competition?
useless crap. I won't even watch tonight's game vs. Holland.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think it certainly has flaws, but I like that the games are mostly competitive instead of just friendlies.

If we're going to have the international breaks, I'm much more interested in watching mostly first team nationals as opposed to significantly rotated squads like England sent out against the US.
Agreed. There have been some really good games actually.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Damn didn't know Andorra was such a garbage team, considering they're a nation between Spain and France.
Didn't even have possession lead with a red card to Latvia....ruined my moneyline.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Damn didn't know Andorra was such a garbage team, considering they're a nation between Spain and France.
Didn't even have possession lead with a red card to Latvia....ruined my moneyline.
Andorra has something around 80,000 inhabitants. What do you expect?

Reactions: BruinLVGA

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That was a really nice goal from Werner...too bad, aside from that the Dutch look good.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Who is that user who keeps claiming that Toni Kroos """insulted""" Leroy Sané? I wonder if they just saw that great heads-up play by Kroos to assist on the Sané goal or their cheers after.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Bleh...too bad, deflection threw Cillessen off just enough. Gonna need some real magic to get back into this one.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Tete in for Dumfries unless Dumfries is injured was a huge mistake...especially after Dumfries was so strong against France.

I'd say there was more than a bit of fortune for both of Germany's goals but sometimes the bounces go that way. Too bad, would have been nice to top the group.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Holy crap they fought back. Nice game. Thank goodness the players have at least figured out these games ave merit and the entertainment value is much better now than the 1st couple of match days.

This weekend/mstchday or whatever had a bunch of excellent and hotly contested games.

Reactions: YNWA14

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
useless crap. I won't even watch tonight's game vs. Holland.

I hate international breaks , but other than that , I don't really care. If people enjoy watching , then evidently it's not useless crap.

Just wish it didn't interrupt the season so much.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Holy crap they fought back. Nice game. Thank goodness the players have at least figured out these games ave merit and the entertainment value is much better now than the 1st couple of match days.

This weekend/mstchday or whatever had a bunch of excellent and hotly contested games.
All of the Netherlands games vs. France and Germany were good to great games. What a fight back at the death...unreal. Topping the toughest group is certainly awesome.

Happy for Promes too...best game he's had in a while for Oranje.

Reactions: koyvoo

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
So the final four is official: Portugal, England, Switzerland, Netherlands; Portugal was the only seeded team to win their group while the Dutch were the lowest ranked League A team

Elsewhere: Czechs survive after a victory over Slovakia who relegate to League C; Norway promote to League B; Macedonia promote to League C

Germany are in danger of falling to Pot 2 in the Euro 2020 draw with their result today, if Poland get a result of any kind tomorrow in Portugal (who have nothing to play for) they will pass Germany in the standings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad