U18: 2018 U18 WJC's Magnitogorsk & Chelyabinsk Russia.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
So are we going to learn of Russia's final roster only when their game starts tomorrow? :sarcasm:

GK
Daniil Isayev
Mikhail Isayev
Amir Miftakhov

D
Danila Galenyuk
Anton Malyshev
Daniil Misyul
Nikita Okhotyuk
Alexander Romanov
Yegor Zamula
Bogdan Zhilyakov
Daniil Zhuravlyov

FW
Pavel Dorofeyev
Ruslan Iskhakov
Semyon Kizimov
Kirill Marchenko
Vladislav Mikhailov
Ivan Morozov
Vasiliy Podkolzin
Pavel Rotenberg
Maxim Sorkin
Yegor Spiridonov
Dmitriy Zavgorodniy
Alexander Zhabreyev

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Finland's U18 WJC roster is published.

Goalies
Huhtamaa Jere, Blues Juniors Espoo
Patrikainen Jasper, Pelicans Lahti
Annunen Justus, Kärpät Oulu

Defencemans
Salmela Santeri, KooKoo Kouvola
Thomson Lassi, Ilves Tampere
Kokkonen Mikko, Jukurit Mikkeli
Nousiainen, Kim KalPa Kuopio
Honka Anttoni, JYP Jyväskylä
Utunen Toni, Tappara Tampere

Forwards
Kotkaniemi Jesperi, Ässät Pori
Aaltonen Leevi, KalPa Kuopio
Hirvonen Konsta, HIFK Helsinki
Nordgren Niklas, HIFK Helsinki
Killinen Lenni, Blues Juniors Espoo
Moilanen Jesse, Jokerit Helsinki
Lundell Anton, HIFK Helsinki
Petman Ville, Lukko Rauma
Ranta Sampo, Sioux City Musketeers
Tanus Kristian, Tappara Tampere
Kakko Kaapo, TPS Turku
Nevasaari Arttu, Kärpät Oulu

Prospects to keep eye on next NHL drafts 2018-2020.
2018 NHL draft
Niklas Nordgren
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Arttu Nevasaari
Sampo Ranta
Toni Utunen
Lenni Killinen

2019 NHL draft
Anttoni Honka
Kaapo Kakko
Leevi Aaltonen
Konsta Hirvonen
Mikko Kokkonen
Lassi Thomson

2020 NHL draft
Anton Lundell

Last edited:
Reactions: Connor McDaigle

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
GK
Daniil Isayev
Mikhail Isayev
Amir Miftakhov

D
Danila Galenyuk
Anton Malyshev
Daniil Misyul
Nikita Okhotyuk
Alexander Romanov
Yegor Zamula
Bogdan Zhilyakov
Daniil Zhuravlyov

FW
Pavel Dorofeyev
Ruslan Iskhakov
Semyon Kizimov
Kirill Marchenko
Vladislav Mikhailov
Ivan Morozov
Vasiliy Podkolzin
Pavel Rotenberg
Maxim Sorkin
Yegor Spiridonov
Dmitriy Zavgorodniy
Alexander Zhabreyev

Where's Andrei Svechnikov?
Is Ivan Morozov relation to Aleksei Morozov

Last edited:

caslava

Dec 1, 2017
Slovakia
Slovak roster:

GK
Samuel Hlavaj
Michal Vojvoda
Samuel Vyletelka

D
Oliver Turan
Martin Bucko
Boris Ceresnak
Matej Ilencik
Samuel Knazko
Marcel Dlugos
Sebastian Hudec
Alex Zekucia

FW
Jan Sarvas
Damian Zubek
Maxim Cajkovic
Nicolas Ferenyi
Sebastian Cederle
Daniel Tkac
Oliver Okuliar
Adam Pauliny
Dominik Sojka
Kristan Kovacik
Michal Mrazik
Robert Dzugan

Players to watch: Cajkovic, Hlavaj, Knazko and the american born daniel tkac.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Sounds like a great idea, any suggestions you may have for us in accomplishing this would be greatly welcomed.

I understand why you and other American fans are so laissez faire about all this, after all, you are basically the only country in hockey that benefits from this and is rarely affected by it the other way around, not surprising you would be so pro for it and easy going about it all. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame you, you are the clear and only winners by a landslide.

What i find disingenuous is when American fans talk about how it is no big deal or "they should marry Canadian girls" or that "it is a wonderful example of melting pot cultures" and all that jazz when i know full well that if it was them having to deal with this they would definitely be singing a different tune, you know it and I know it.

It's understandable how Canada and other countries aren't so crazy about how it all works for us though, we are the ones getting ****ed........................you aren't.

I honestly don't give a ****. Keep whining though. I mean, its not like USA Hockey isn't spending millions to develop these kids-right?

Jez

Jun 6, 2017
New York
Oh wow a lot to unpack in here.

They don't have to gladly hand their kids over to the coffers of U.S.A hockey but they willingly do and it's a sore spot and major bone of contention I have with these guys.

So it's 2018, parents don't own their kids, hopefully they don't sell them to anyone.

Well actually USA Hockey pay for the kids development if they play in the US. That's paid for by USAH members. Oh and once again a lot of these kids moms are Americans. Believe me or not but women are as important as men to their kids (2018 remember).

I mean, the selfishness and disloyalty is appalling, if a regular Joe Blow guy like me can understand that it's part of our culture that needs to be held onto and respected as the heirloom it truly is you would think these guys should understand that intimately.

Alright, all players from Quebec should play for France then. I don't even understand why we have US and Canadian teams anyway when players could play for England, Wales, the Netherlands...

Or is there a cut off point when it's acceptable to play for a country? 3rd generation maybe? I'm sure no Canadian players has parents who aren't Canadians. Isn't Jake Virtanen's dad from Finland?

You don't see any American players playing their careers in Canada(even with Canadian wives)..........................stay here. They are off back to the U.S as soon as their last shift is done.

I really wonder if that has anything to do with taxes and weather. If you have money, not a lot of things beat living in the US.

Our players man, they piss me off. A ****ing disgrace if you ask me.

Yeah, how dare they. People like Brian Bellows or Keith Primeau played for Canada and gave all they had for the Maple Leaf and now that their careers are over they just want the best for their families...and they even let their kids choose what they want to do (2018 strikes again).

Last edited by a moderator:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
this thread has been beyond derailed...I honestly do not get it anymore.

I can count on my hand the amount of kids from ex-NHL Canadian fathers that have succeeded in the NHL and had lengthy careers as American players...every year we go through this stuff only to see most of them fizzle away.

and then we completely ignore all the players who were born here in the States, to US mothers only to see them leave and go represent Canada (ex NHL father or not)....

they have the right to play for either country, birth right...stop assuming they are the players they are strictly because of their father...if that was the case, Gretzky would have a NHL son, same with Selanne, or countless others whose kids just never panned out.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Sounds like a great idea, any suggestions you may have for us in accomplishing this would be greatly welcomed.

I understand why you and other American fans are so laissez faire about all this, after all, you are basically the only country in hockey that benefits from this and is rarely affected by it the other way around, not surprising you would be so pro for it and easy going about it all. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame you, you are the clear and only winners by a landslide.

What i find disingenuous is when American fans talk about how it is no big deal or "they should marry Canadian girls" or that "it is a wonderful example of melting pot cultures" and all that jazz when i know full well that if it was them having to deal with this they would definitely be singing a different tune, you know it and I know it.

It's understandable how Canada and other countries aren't so crazy about how it all works for us though, we are the ones getting ****ed........................you aren't.

This is garbage. Canada isn’t being affected in international play at all. The solution is to have USAH tell families, interested in hockey, who immigrate to the US or kids that have parents not born in the US they can’t represent the US. All this to please fanbases. Not a viable solution at all.

This is worse than Canadians still bringing up Brett Hull playing for the US.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Where's Andrei Svechnikov?
Is Ivan Morozov relation to Sergei Morozov

Judging by the reports, Barrie Colts refused to let Svechnikov go, as they think he is not healthy enough.

Don't know who is Sergei Morozov, possibly you meant former NHLer Alexei Morozov, but still no relation here. The only notable hockey relation on the roster is Alexander Romanov being former Soviet player Zinetula Bilyaletdinov's grandson.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
This is garbage. Canada isn’t being affected in international play at all. The solution is to have USAH tell families, interested in hockey, who immigrate to the US or kids that have parents not born in the US they can’t represent the US. All this to please fanbases. Not a viable solution at all.

This is worse than Canadians still bringing up Brett Hull playing for the US.

We are being affected for sure, and we will even more so in the future, lot's of these kids could be playing for Canada, you can't not be affected sooner or later, and we already have.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
this thread has been beyond derailed...I honestly do not get it anymore.

I can count on my hand the amount of kids from ex-NHL Canadian fathers that have succeeded in the NHL and had lengthy careers as American players...every year we go through this stuff only to see most of them fizzle away.

and then we completely ignore all the players who were born here in the States, to US mothers only to see them leave and go represent Canada (ex NHL father or not)....

they have the right to play for either country, birth right...stop assuming they are the players they are strictly because of their father...if that was the case, Gretzky would have a NHL son, same with Selanne, or countless others whose kids just never panned out.

They don't get their hockey athletic ability from their American moms though, we know where they get it from.

As i said, you guys gave no problem with all this but it isn't because you are "above all that" or noble..................it is because you are the only one who benefits.

The minute it would ever change and American players kids were playing for Canada you would all have a knot in your face, luckily for you that will never happen.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Oh wow a lot to unpack in here.

So it's 2018, parents don't own their kids, hopefully they don't sell them to anyone.

Well actually USA Hockey pay for the kids development if they play in the US. That's paid for by USAH members. Oh and once again a lot of these kids moms are Americans. Believe me or not but women are as important as men to their kids (2018 remember).

Alright, all players from Quebec should play for France then. I don't even understand why we have US and Canadian teams anyway when players could play for England, Wales, the Netherlands...

Or is there a cut off point when it's acceptable to play for a country? 3rd generation maybe? I'm sure no Canadian players has parents who aren't Canadians. Isn't Jake Virtanen's dad from Finland?

I really wonder if that has anything to do with taxes and weather. If you have money, not a lot of things beat living in the US.

Yeah, how dare they. People like Brian Bellows or Keith Primeau played for Canada and gave all they had for the Maple Leaf and now that their careers are over they just want the best for their families...and they even let their kids choose what they want to do (2018 strikes again).

No one ever said living in the U.S isn't good if you are rich.

Still, as i have said, most of you guys are all gums over this because it only benefits you, no surprise you are all chill with that.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Put yourself in their place for a moment. They grew up in Whitewood, Saskatchewan, played junior in Red Deer Alberta and were drafted by the St. Louis Blues. They play 10 years there, marry, have kids and establish a life in a community. Why would they go back to Whitewood. A pretty tough thing to do.
The American players playing in Canada marry, have kids and establish themselves in the community but they ALL go back.

And sure, the Canadian players don't have to come back, but they can make it where their kids play for Canada, that is just a matter of willingness.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Judging by the reports, Barrie Colts refused to let Svechnikov go, as they think he is not healthy enough.

Don't know who is Sergei Morozov, possibly you meant former NHLer Alexei Morozov, but still no relation here. The only notable hockey relation on the roster is Alexander Romanov being former Soviet player Zinetula Bilyaletdinov's grandson.

Why Barrie Colts refused Svechnikov's participation to U18's.
That doesn't make any sense unless younger Svechnikov has injury issues etc health problems.

By the way what are Russia's chances to win a medal in U18's this year.
And which players are supposed to be a leaders now when Svechnikov is gone.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Every year it’s the same suspects whining about how dual citizens are ruining Canadian hockey. Yawn.
No one said it's ruining it, we are saying the U.S gets a benefit no one else does, no use denying it.

And it's always the same suspects that get so worked up over hearing the truth, so there you go.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Why Barrie Colts refused Svechnikov's participation to U18's.
That doesn't make any sense unless younger Svechnikov has injury issues etc health problems.

By the way what are Russia's chances to win a medal in U18's this year.
And which players are supposed to be a leaders now when Svechnikov is gone.

A lot of speculation about Colts, heard even a theory that this might be a revenge for being forced to let Svechnikov go to the 5Nations in the middle of the season. Svechnikov himself stated that he is ready to play, but again, there are no healthy players at the end of the season, everyone has something.

Now Marchenko-Morozov-Iskhakov line will need to step up and lead the team, also Zavgorodniy.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
No one said it's ruining it, we are saying the U.S gets a benefit no one else does, no use denying it.

And it's always the same suspects that get so worked up over hearing the truth, so there you go.

I love posters that are so caught up in their argument that they can only label it as the Truth, and anyone who disagrees with them is just denying the Truth. It’s cute.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I love posters that are so caught up in their argument that they can only label it as the truth, and anyone who disagrees with them is just denying the truth. It’s cute.

I am caught up in nothing, if you don't think the U.S is the main beneficiary of this stuff then prove it, go make a list of all the Canadian players whose offspring has played for the U.S. and all the American players offspring that have played for Canada.

You won't like the results as far as truth goes.We are talking massive trade deficit for Canada here, Trudeau might want to bring it up in the next NAFTA talks.

And now they are getting the players kids from other countries too which will only increase, and their fans have started to notice, after all it was a poster from europe who initially brought this all up in this thread.

Anyway, we are all off topic now, this thread is about the tournament.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad