2018 Training Camp

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
How long do you think that will last considering Theodore and his contract?

until Miller stops scoring on the Power Play? It's up to Gallant. There's some pretty good players on the 2nd PP unit, where Haula scored many of his 29 goals from.

Did you take Theodore in your pool or something? :laugh:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Nope, but thinking of trading for Miller to get younger. Thinking of trading Suter due to age. This is a full keeper league and it has 18 teams, so lots to go around.

G, A, PPP, Shots, Hits, Blocks

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I don't think one has a leg up on the other, but Miller has a crazy shot so I would imagine he gets a shot with the top unit first.

I will never forget Theo's PP dagger against TBL last year. One of the highlights of my life as a sports spectator. He has a pretty wicked shot himself.

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Branny will be back. He's got exceptional skill. Needs to be the top dog in Chicago, for a bit first.

As for Bisch, I'm very happy for him. I liked him in the Islanders system, and was glad the Knights picked him up. Needs some NHL experience, but, has the tools to be a solid D-man.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Cool. Love stories like this. What are your D pairings looking like?
Yes.

Average size/skating PMD with a good shot (and he loves to shoot). 24yo University grad that came over from the Islanders in the expansion draft. His game really flourished last year in the 2nd half of the AHL season.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Hopefully they try Shea on the right side with McNabb for the last preseason game. Miller was a bit of a tire fire in his own end last night.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
FWIW, one reason teams wait "until the last minute" before the start of the season to put players on waivers is that when a team claims someone, a NHL roster spot is required.

Season starts 10/3. Opening roster (excluding teams playing overseas) due to league by noon PT 10/2. So expect waiver list on 10/1 (to clear by 10/2) to be long and full.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad