2018 Training Camp

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Sucks that Hyka gets cut with 4 games to go but he certainly didn't earn another look. Same with Wong. At least Kolesar is impressing like I knew he would.

lineup for tonight
Patches-Stastny-Haula
Pirri-Lindberg-Tuch
Carr-Bellemare-Carpenter
Matteau-Tynan-Kolesar

Hague
Bischoff
Brannstrom
Holden
Reinhart
Merrill

Lagace
Subban

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevada Jones

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

it almost feels like Reinhart is just there as a barometer for how well you can play with a handicap.

And Lindberg getting all these opportunities feels like the kiss of death.

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas

MAF & Subban the goalies

giphy.gif

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Not bad:

Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Pacioretty-Stastny-Tuch
Haula-Glass-Carpenter
Carrier-Lindberg-Nosek

McNabb-Engelland
Holden-Brannstrom
Bischoff-Hunt

With the big boys back in the lineup, you have to expect a win :eek:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Not bad:

Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Pacioretty-Stastny-Tuch
Haula-Glass-Carpenter
Carrier-Lindberg-Nosek

McNabb-Engelland
Holden-Brannstrom
Bischoff-Hunt

With the big boys back in the lineup, you have to expect a win :eek:

It will be a good test of the lines and especially of Glass.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Do you guys expect Glass to make the team?
Nope. He needs to add bulk and become more involved. While he is a very smart player, he thinks the best usage of that hockey IQ is to rove the ice like he's a stalking panther waiting to pounce rather than to be a guy who gets the puck and really forces the issue. It's pretty annoying because all the talent, IQ, and occasional flashes of brilliance are well apparent but he just hasn't put it all together yet.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I see Brett Lernout is on waivers today. Similar in style to McNabb, and I'm surprised he hasn't panned out (then again it's the Habs so not really). Maybe it's time to ditch Hunt & Merrill and go with Bischoff-Lernout as offensive/stay at home depth.

And by maybe I mean definitely.

Glass sent back to the WHL:

Vegas returns Glass to WHL, assigns Lagace, Matteau, Tynan and Reinhart to AHL.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I see Brett Lernout is on waivers today. Similar in style to McNabb, and I'm surprised he hasn't panned out (then again it's the Habs so not really). Maybe it's time to ditch Hunt & Merrill and go with Bischoff-Lernout as offensive/stay at home depth.

And by maybe I mean definitely.

Glass sent back to the WHL:

With Sbisa now officially ungettable, Vegas ditching Merrill would significantly decrease their chance of needing to ice liability defensemen.

Though I don't know anything about Lernout. We already have Bischoff and Whitecloud as extra defense when Schmidt gets back.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
With Sbisa now officially ungettable, Vegas ditching Merrill would significantly decrease their chance of needing to ice liability defensemen.

Though I don't know anything about Lernout. We already have Bischoff and Whitecloud as extra defense when Schmidt gets back.

I'm thinking (when Schmidt is back) alternate between calling up Bish & Whitecloud so they can get a lot of ice time with the Wolves, but having a guy with some upside like Lernout as the 8th D. That way you're not wasting development of a 21yo like Whitecloud in the pressbox. Then after the trade deadline you've got some real solid young depth.

Plus Whitecloud and Bischoff can be sent to the AHL again next season without going through waivers (unless they play 80 games) according to Capfriendly.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Am I the only one that doesn't see Merrill as a liability?

I mean, he's not a first pairing guy, but I'm not really afraid when he's on the ice.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Am I the only one that doesn't see Merrill as a liability?

I mean, he's not a first pairing guy, but I'm not really afraid when he's on the ice.

He's got size and strength, but made a lot of mistakes down the stretch last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad