Confirmed with Link: 2018 Training Camp discussion thread

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Happy Sabres Training Camp Eve everyone! :xtree:

Tomorrow, we should get a bunch of interviews and talk about excitement to get going. Then they start skating Friday and we might even see some line combos! :wave:

LetsDoughBuffalo

Apr 4, 2014
I loved Casey Mittelstadt's sense of humour on The Instigators today.

I laughed when he was talking about there being too many Swedes and how they travel in a pack haha.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Don’t they make more sense as sparingly used 7/8 defenseman than a prospect?

No, only because if Housley has Beaulieu at his disposal, he WILL play Beaulieu ahead of better options. If Beaulieu is not on the roster, then Housley is protected from himself.

(The same might be true of Hunwick, but we don't know that for sure).

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I keep forgetting about sheary and then I see his name and smile a little at the added depth he gives us...not sure why I have this mental block about him but it gives me added joy so I won't complain .

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
I keep forgetting about sheary and then I see his name and smile a little at the added depth he gives us...not sure why I have this mental block about him but it gives me added joy so I won't complain .
Sheary is not depth he is a top 6.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
First few minutes into Housley's interview...talking about vulnerability, defensive mechanisms, opening up...

what the f*** are these questions

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
First few minutes into Housley's interview...talking about vulnerability, defensive mechanisms, opening up...

what the **** are these questions
I get the impression there was probably a lot of internal conflict last year... whether it was bad attitudes, inability to give or take criticism, guys not caring enough, personalities clashing, or the frustration of another bottom feeding season. Or all of the above.

EDIT: Criticism of certain players talent/ability aside... I think if all these guys go out with the right attitude and give full effort every game, we see a different team. And we're only one day into camp so taking the optimism with a grain of salt... I feel like we're closer to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeDislikeEich

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Eichel does look to have lightened up and seems more appreciative now more than ever of the effort put in by the front office to improve the mistakes of previous regimes. Adding depth, and restocking from the back front. Fixing key areas such as 5v5 scoring, pushing the pace, tempo and skating.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I get the impression there was probably a lot of internal conflict last year... whether it was bad attitudes, inability to give or take criticism, guys not caring enough, personalities clashing, or the frustration of another bottom feeding season. Or all of the above.

EDIT: Criticism of certain players talent/ability aside... I think if all these guys go out with the right attitude and give full effort every game, we see a different team. And we're only one day into camp so taking the optimism with a grain of salt... I feel like we're closer to that.

I remember at the beginning of last year when everyone was so optimistic and joyful that FINALLY we're about to open up the offense and get our defense engaged and that it was going to be a fast paced team and we were going to push the pace with 5 man units...And then the season began...and well...

Same coach, same optimism...Not going to be fooled again.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Eichel does look to have lightened up and seems more appreciative now more than ever of the effort put in by the front office to improve the mistakes of previous regimes. Adding depth, and restocking from the back front. Fixing key areas such as 5v5 scoring, pushing the pace, tempo and skating.

There was nothing stopping Botterill from doing that last season...

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I remember at the beginning of last year when everyone was so optimistic and joyful that FINALLY we're about to open up the offense and get our defense engaged and that it was going to be a fast paced team and we were going to push the pace with 5 man units...And then the season began...and well...

Same coach, same optimism...Not going to be fooled again.
That's fair... but I'm definitely drinking the kool aid at the moment. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad