Prospect Info: 2018 Toronto Maple Leafs Development Camp Thread

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Gordeev really laid the boom down on Dzierkals there.

Too bad there isn't more video, I'd love to watch it and get a good look at some of the more obscure guys like Kara.

Reactions: Once

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Ferguson apparently was great today. Looking forward to seeing what he can do next year with the Marlies.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Ferguson apparently was great today. Looking forward to seeing what he can do next year with the Marlies.

Ferguson is on a different level above most of these guys. He's my dark horse pick for the Marlies next year. Ferguson really impressed on his ATO as well. I can see him earning an ELC by mid season (like Marchment did) and maybe even a call up to the Leafs for a cup of coffee late in the year.

northstarnicky

Mar 3, 2004
Wisconsin
Anyone know the skinny on JD Greenway. Is he good enough to get a shot in the AHL this year?

He has a brother that played with the US junior team that I wished the Leafs took.

I am very curious to see how he progresses. He joined the Badgers after the Christmas break after taking time off for "personal issues". It was said on campus that it was to get his grades back up. That said, he looked really good down the stretch. Coach Granato had him playing important minutes and was trusted playing with one goal leads late in games. He has NHL size and shot and definite physical tools. He hits hard. A bit disappointed he chose to leave to play in the USHL with Dubuque.

I am hoping someone can tell us how he looks in scrimmages.

Reactions: Trawna Phan

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
Any time I watch Woll in net I always come away impressed. He looks so natural and comfortable back there. Is he still eligible for WJHC this year?

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
It was great watching that vid. Just seeing all of those prospects on the same ice is quite cool. I know it was just a few minutes of footage, but some comments:

-Ferguson really stood out
-Gordeev, Kara, and Sokolov are huge!
-Durzi and Hollowel with nice goals
-Some of the no-name guys had nice goals too
-Deer Calls (Dzeirkals) looked fast and has nice edges

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
It was great watching that vid. Just seeing all of those prospects on the same ice is quite cool. I know it was just a few minutes of footage, but some comments:

-Ferguson really stood out
-Gordeev, Kara, and Sokolov are huge!
-Durzi and Hollowel with nice goals
-Some of the no-name guys had nice goals too
-Deer Calls (Dzeirkals) looked fast and has nice edges

Pooley and Abols also looked good.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Durzi with a nice goal. Really like how he picks his spots, kid has good instincts.

Two other standouts for me were Rodrigo Abols and Chris Van O.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Pooley and Abols also looked good.

yeah abols goal was seriously impressive for a 6'5" guy. He did pretty well in the Swe1 last year, that is the 3rd tier of Swedish hockey right?
SHL
Asvenskan
Swe1
that's how it works?

Still serious skill to pull that off.

Durzi almost has a trademark shot, watching his OHL highlights his goals come from shots exactly like the one he scored

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Any time I watch Woll in net I always come away impressed. He looks so natural and comfortable back there. Is he still eligible for WJHC this year?
Nah, he's ineligible now. Ian Scott will get a shot with Canada though.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Abols looks massive and has some skill to boot. He's a centre too?
Kara is pretty big as well. Ferguson played well - seems more polished than others.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Nah, he's ineligible now. Ian Scott will get a shot with Canada though.

you think so? there aren't 3 better goalies in the CHL than Ian scott? don't get me wrong id love to see him there but he isn't that highly thought of is he

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
yeah abols goal was seriously impressive for a 6'5" guy. He did pretty well in the Swe1 last year, that is the 3rd tier of Swedish hockey right?
SHL
Asvenskan
Swe1
that's how it works?

Still serious skill to pull that off.

Durzi almost has a trademark shot, watching his OHL highlights his goals come from shots exactly like the one he scored
He didn't play in Swe1 from what I can see. He did well (almost PPG) in the Allsvenskan, albeit he's obviously an older prospect now..

Rodrigo Abols at eliteprospects.com

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
you think so? there aren't 3 better goalies in the CHL than Ian scott? don't get me wrong id love to see him there but he isn't that highly thought of is he
Four were invited to their summer camp and he's one of them, pretty much the only reason I said it, I have no idea if he's got a shot against the other three or not.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Four were invited to their summer camp and he's one of them, pretty much the only reason I said it, I have no idea if he's got a shot against the other three or not.

well I guess there is a chance, we will have to wait and see

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Well something doesn't add up here! Considering it's the exact same stat line, clearly one of the two sites is making a mistake with his team. Although elite prospects has him "on loan", so potentially hockeydb saw his contract in Swe1 and not the loan, but who knows.

id wager hockeyDB is wrong ive seen it too many times and cant think of any that eliteprospects was wrong

edit: my work computer hates eliteprospects, its runs slowly and eventually shuts down every time. When I search a player or prospect eliteprospects doesn't even come up in the search results. Must be something about their servers

Reactions: emilepep

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Well something doesn't add up here! Considering it's the exact same stat line, clearly one of the two sites is making a mistake with his team. Although elite prospects has him "on loan", so potentially hockeydb saw his contract in Swe1 and not the loan, but who knows.

The confusion lies in that there is no "Swe-1", not by that exact name, at least.

It goes:

Swedish Hockey League
HockeyAllsvenskan
Division 1 (HockeyEttan)
Division 2
Division 3
Division 4

For some reason hockeydb lists Allsevnskan as "Swe-1" (I'm guessing bc their tables require something shorter than "Allsvenskan" and it doesn't abbreviate very well).

In fact, hockeydb, I'm pretty sure doesn't show stats for Div. 1 (HockeyEttan) - they only go as far as Allsvenskan.

And as far as the team names, BIK Karlskoga is Bofors IK, or was, they don't use that name anymore.

So Hdb and EP are actually saying the same things, Hdb just does things weirder.

Reactions: saltming

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
The confusion lies in that there is no "Swe-1", not by that exact name, at least.

It goes:

Swedish Hockey League
HockeyAllsvenskan
Division 1 (HockeyEttan)
Division 2
Division 3
Division 4

For some reason hockeydb lists Allsevnskan as "Swe-1" (I'm guessing bc their tables require something shorter than "Allsvenskan" and it doesn't abbreviate very well).

In fact, hockeydb, I'm pretty sure doesn't show stats for Div. 1 (HockeyEttan) - they only go as far as Allsvenskan.

And as far as the team names, BIK Karlskoga is Bofors IK, or was, they don't use that name anymore.
So Hdb and EP are actually saying the samethings, Hdb just does things weirder.
This is extremely helpful information, thanks friend. Basically, I may just stick with eliteprospects from here on out, seems tidier.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014

He has great movement in the crease and down low coverage. When I watched him at the WJC , he needs to work on having a more reactive glove though

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
He has great movement in the crease and down low coverage. When I watched him at the WJC , he needs to work on having a more reactive glove though

Had a pretty nice glove save in that highlight video. Can't remember on who now/too lazy to go look at it again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad