Prospect Info: 2018 Toronto Maple Leafs Development Camp Thread

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
It's bad but it's not impossible improve upon. Mason Marchment is also an ugly/bad skater and he gets the job done.

I just think the Leafs will be patient and see how he does this season, sort of like what they did with Durzi and Hollowell.

EDIT: As you can see here, he can move OK... he's just not very agile. He's huge though.

Reminds me of Nik Antropov a lot. Bug and lumbering, yet skilled.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Four were invited to their summer camp and he's one of them, pretty much the only reason I said it, I have no idea if he's got a shot against the other three or not.
I'd say he's on the outside looking in. One spot will most likely go to Dipietro. A lot can happen though. Point made it last year after not even being invited to the WJC Summer Showcase.

Pholus

May 23, 2014

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Abols has 1 year left on his contract with Orebro, I doubt he would walk away from that just to play in the ECHL. Even an AHL contract could end up being less $.

Probably not for an ECHL contract, then, because those top out at maybe 50K. But Orebro has about a $5 mil budget for players. That means an average player salary of maybe $225,000, and Rodrigo isn't exactly a star there. So he could probably earn as much on an AHL salary as he would in Sweden if he and the Leafs were interested. Not sure he's capable of playing at an AHL level yet, though. They certainly didn't give him much ice time from the looks of it in his 26 game stint (1 pt) and while good in the AllSvensken at a PPG, he did that against ECHL level talent. While he did look good in the Camp video, most of the players on either team are junior level experience with only a small amount of clearly AHL level talent, such as Brady Ferguson.

Last edited:

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Good eye. Roman Pucek is a name that you're likely to see the Leafs draft next year. From what I've been told is very much an unpolished diamond, his development has had very little guidance but he has a ton of tools to work with. He has the potential to become a very good player and I expect to hear his name as one of the standouts at the end of this camp. The Leafs have a lot to offer him to make him a better player and I hope it works out for him.
I’m willing to bet a dollar that Pucek is drafted by the leafs in the 4th round next year, with the StL pick.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I’m willing to bet a dollar that Pucek is drafted by the leafs in the 4th round next year, with the StL pick.

Nah, they'll probably trade down 3-4 places for their first rounder for an extra 3rd round pick to nab him between 75-85.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Had a pretty nice glove save in that highlight video. Can't remember on who now/too lazy to go look at it again
It was Dzierkals he robbed.

Also worth noting that this development camp is taking place with players who have zero chemistry with each other, different levels of fatigue and who are in different stages of their physical development. Defenders end up looking especially bad as a result.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

10 standouts from Leafs' Development Camp

Rasmus Sandin (First Round, 29th overall, in 2018)

Semyon Der-Arguchintsev (Third Round, 76th overall, in 2018)

Mac Hollowell (Fourth Round, 118th overall, in 2018)

Brady Ferguson (AHL contract, Robert Morris University)

Fedor Gordeev (Fifth Round, 141st overall, in 2017)

Eemeli Rasanen (Second Round, 59th overall, in 2017)

Sean Durzi (Second Round, 52nd overall, in 2018)

Brett Neumann (Free Agent Invite, Kingston Frontenacs)

Zachary Bouthillier (Seventh Round, 209th overall, in 2018)

David Levin (Free Agent Invite, Sudbury Wolves)

Reactions: Smif

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Gordeev sounds pretty promising! We just need ONE of those skating fridges to pan out... :D
Yeah, Gordeev has always been my favourite fridge. He's like a poor man's K'Andre Miller.

I'm also happy to hear that SDA performed well, as well as Sandin and Kurzi. I can't believe I was actually mad for 15 minutes when we got Kurzi. Now, given what I've seen and heard, he is my favourite pick this year and possibly in the last two years (excluding Liljegren). Not only does he have the skill, he has the maturity and determination to get to the next level. I'm expecting a big year from him.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
So Barb Underhill is working for Tampa Bay now it seems. I guess that means she is done with us? She was in a pretty big role with us before IIRC, so I doubt she has enough time to split between both of us.

She is still on the Leafs management page, but they have yet to update it since Ladygin and Namestnikov left.

Maybe we have a job for Wickenheiser there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->