2018 Selke Winner - Anze Kopitar

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Without injury this would/should of been Bergeron if he didn't have the injury, but he missed too many games.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Without injury this would/should of been Bergeron if he didn't have the injury, but he missed too many games.
He is still the best defensive player in the league regardless of how many games he played in my opinion. Kopitar is a good second choice but no one should win the Selke until Bergeron begins to decline.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He is still the best defensive player in the league regardless of how many games he played in my opinion. Kopitar is a good second choice but no one should win the Selke until Bergeron begins to decline.

No doubt, but it's hard to give any player an award when they missed ~20 games. In theory, Bergeron could have had the most miserable 20 games of his career in the games he missed.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010

The Selke award is for the player who displays the best defensive skill over a season, not who's the best defensive player.

Was it not you who said that being healthy is a talent? You've spent years saying that Crosby can't be the best, because his missed games work against him. Why the sudden change? Bergeron only played 64 games :rolleyes:

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
What a dumb thing to say. Kopitar had a fantastic season, I'd say he was more impressive considering he was doing this all with a rookie left winger and Dustin Brown.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

Lmao. Kopitar has always outscored Bergeron. If Bergeron was near Kopitars production he would have won.

The gap offensively is much bigger than defensively.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Meh, once again the winner of Selke is determined by offensive production. What even is the point of this trophy anymore...?

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
There are two types of voters.

There are those who believe in math and statistical modeling and those who rely on vague notions. The former chooses Couturier without a second glance. The latter chooses the guy with the nicest sounding name.

The 90+ points seem great until you see that he barely kept his head above water defensively.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Thanks for the balanced and fair insight on how much better is Patrice Bergeron is than everyone, PatriceBergeronFan.
Defensively it is not even debatable.

Couturier being 2nd is the bigger issue regardless. Kopitar has been close if not for Bergeron for some time.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
This season ends any comparison with captain intangibles. It's clear(always has been..) who is better.

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
There are two types of voters.

There are those who believe in math and statistical modeling and those who rely on vague notions. The former chooses Couturier without a second glance. The latter chooses the guy with the nicest sounding name.

The 90+ points seem great until you see that he barely kept his head above water defensively.
Lol wow. This thread is gold. Flyers and Bruins fans in meltdown mode. Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad