NCAA GDT: 2018 Season Week 1... Showdown in South Bend

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Pat Fitzgerald is a really good coach. Would be interesting to see what he could do at a bigger school, but being at his alma mater is probably the perfect place for him.

He's not leaving, he turned away Texas interest before they hired Charlie Strong. He also turned down overtures from both University of Michigan and Penn State in the past. Fitz loves Northwestern and loves living in Northfield a little ways from campus. I guess you never say never, but I would be stunned if Fitzgerald left NU. He has had options from the kind of names that you would think he would leave for already if that was his thought. He is happy there and it isn't just his alma mater in terms of a part of this, the impact of Randy Walker on Fitzgerald is also a pretty big deal to Fitzgerald from what I understand.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
That's pretty stupid considering the NFL and NCAA are incredibly different.
It's also stupid because the Panthers have won their division 3 times with Cam Newton, also making the Super Bowl once. A lot better than the majority of NFL franchises. That poster you're responding to must not be very bright though, so we should give him a break.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Lee Corso is awesome

‘It’s like stealing’: After 25 years of GameDay on the...

“Let me tell you something: On Thursday morning I get up, I get on a first-class plane and fly to a place and stay in a nice hotel and get a lot of great meals,” he says. “First class! Then I go and talk football for a couple hours, I see the best game of the year and I get on a plane (in) first class and I go home."

“And they pay me!” he continues, laughing harder than ever. “Why the hell would you ever think about retiring? It’s like stealing. It’s like stealing. Why would you ever think about retiring? I’m gonna be like that vaudeville act — the guy’s out there talking and talking and they get a hook and they try to hook him and bring him off the stage.”

Reactions: PanthersPens62
Sep 19, 2008
Lee Corso is awesome

“Let me tell you something: On Thursday morning I get up, I get on a first-class plane and fly to a place and stay in a nice hotel and get a lot of great meals,” he says. “First class! Then I go and talk football for a couple hours, I see the best game of the year and I get on a plane (in) first class and I go home."

“And they pay me!” he continues, laughing harder than ever. “Why the hell would you ever think about retiring? It’s like stealing. It’s like stealing. Why would you ever think about retiring? I’m gonna be like that vaudeville act — the guy’s out there talking and talking and they get a hook and they try to hook him and bring him off the stage.”

He is predicting Wisconsin to win the National Championship :laugh:

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Lee Corso is awesome

It will be a sad day when Lee is no longer part of College Gameday.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Syracuse was beating Western Michigan 34 to 7 in the second quarter and it's now 34-28 in the third. Western Michigan is averaging 10 yards a rush

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad