Patriots/NFL 2018 Season VII - Next Up 1/20 6:40 PM - AFC CHAMPIONSHIP @ Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Mahomes has been told he will be extended in 2020 and will become the 1st NFL player to be signed to a 200 M contract extension

sources WDAF Fox 4 KC and ESPN Insider Adam Schefter

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Gut feeling they make Mahomes look like a first year starter.

ESPN was just saying how he’s thrown 10 INT when forced to hold the ball 3 plus seconds this year. Going off of what you said, that seems very first year QBish. Great year but makes a ton of mistakes when made to really think through multiple reads.

I’m just hoping Ernie has seen some things to expose him that they haven’t shown yet.

Reactions: JRull86

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
ESPN was just saying how he’s thrown 10 INT when forced to hold the ball 3 plus seconds this year. Going off of what you said, that seems very first year QBish. Great year but makes a ton of mistakes when made to really think through multiple reads.

I’m just hoping Ernie has seen some things to expose him that they haven’t shown yet.
That's a great stat, I didn't know that.

It fits what I said yesterday perfectly too. If they can double Hill, put Gilmore on Kelce, and force Mahomes to either dump it to Williams/Ware or go through reads to settle on Watkins or Conley all game, I like their chances.

I do wish we still had a physical CB like Butler, Browner, or Talib to smack Kelce at the LOS everytime. He's a clown, can't block, and totally strikes me as the type that would get super frustrated getting hit off of his route 30-40 times a game.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I also think this is the game that the Chiefs not having Hunt really hurts them.

None of their backs are close to being as dynamic as he was. He absolutely killed the Patriots in that first matchup this year.

They can't grind out a win with Ware/Williams running the ball 25 times between them like they could've with Hunt.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
That's a great stat, I didn't know that.

It fits what I said yesterday perfectly too. If they can double Hill, put Gilmore on Kelce, and force Mahomes to either dump it to Williams/Ware or go through reads to settle on Watkins or Conley all game, I like their chances.

I do wish we still had a physical CB like Butler, Browner, or Talib to smack Kelce at the LOS everytime. He's a clown, can't block, and totally strikes me as the type that would get super frustrated getting hit off of his route 30-40 times a game.

Send Chung out there to just hit him. Roberts certainly can’t keep with him speed or athleticism wise, but I’d have him target Kelce too. I think your Gilmore idea is good too.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Send Chung out there to just hit him. Roberts certainly can’t keep with him speed or athleticism wise, but I’d have him target Kelce too. I think your Gilmore idea is good too.
It's something Bill isn't afraid to do. He took his best corner in Talib and had him blanket Graham a few years ago, and he completely took him out of the game.

It's shocking how many NFL coaches are completely stupid that they don't do stuff like that more. Why not use your best cover guy to go man with a team's best receiver, regardless if he's a TE or not.

This isn't a Gronk situation where he's a complete TE who will just stay and block if the defense put there best CB on him.

If Kelce is on the field, it's to catch passes, nothing more. He is a total non-factor in the running game.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
The Saints have the second best run D in the league, but a bottom 5 (I think) pass D. Up to Jared Goff to beat them. And he’s 2-4 for 7 yards and a pick so far

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
If Mahomes could average 3 yards per attempt (and -0.7 adjusted yards per attempt) midway through the second quarter, I’d definitely take it. :laugh:

Mahomes isn’t Goff, though. But he also isn’t playing in a cosy dome like Goff is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad