Patriots/NFL 2018 Season V - 9-5 - Next up Buffalo 12/23 1 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
With about 5 minutes to go, Titans were up 30-9, so no chance of the Jags coming back, and on 3rd and goal, Vrabel runs Henry to try to get a record breaking 5th TD. I get that, but then when he’s stopped, what did people think of him going for it on 4th and goal from the 3? Would it have been more of a slap in the face to kick the FG?

ps I’m slightly biased because I had Succop in my fantasy league and wanted the 3 points :laugh:

Should've let Henry have another go or kicked it imo. Succop missed an extra point earlier, though, so I guess he had to succ it op.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
With about 5 minutes to go, Titans were up 30-9, so no chance of the Jags coming back, and on 3rd and goal, Vrabel runs Henry to try to get a record breaking 5th TD. I get that, but then when he’s stopped, what did people think of him going for it on 4th and goal from the 3? Would it have been more of a slap in the face to kick the FG?

ps I’m slightly biased because I had Succop in my fantasy league and wanted the 3 points :laugh:

zero issues. no such thing as running up the score in professional sports.

its their job to stop you, not your job to stop yourself.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
zero issues. no such thing as running up the score in professional sports.

its their job to stop you, not your job to stop yourself.

Yes and no.

I probably would have let Henry run it again on 4th down like Fossy said, rather than faking the handoff to him and going play action. That was a bit of a Richard move imo.

Vrabel has a rep of being kind of an a-hole, or maybe he doesn’t like Marrone?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
When it's going for an NFL record and the game is out of hand, I'm fine with it.

My only hesitation is the fact that the Jags are dirty and you might not want to keep exposing your best players to potentially get clipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad