Patriots/NFL 2018 Season V - 9-5 - Next up Buffalo 12/23 1 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Over the last 9 seasons, the Patriots have been 9-3 (5x) or 10-2 (4x) after 12 games of the season. Just amazing consistency.
Things like these truly show just how dominant of a run this has been. Yeah the championships are nice, as are all the appearences, but in modern sports, seeing a team year in and year out have the exact same season every single year? Truly remarkable.

Probably won't ever see it again.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Things like these truly show just how dominant of a run this has been. Yeah the championships are nice, as are all the appearences, but in modern sports, seeing a team year in and year out have the exact same season every single year? Truly remarkable.

Probably won't ever see it again.

yup. the 15 division titles, 5 superbowls, etc are all impressive. But the consistency is the awe inspiring part.

Since 2001 there have been 17 Superbowls...the Patriots have played in 8 of them. Essentially half of the Superbowls for coming up on 20 years.

They have also been in 12 of the 17 AFC Title games in that same span. so 2/3 of the time, they at worst played for the conference championship.

They havent won less than 10 games since 2002

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
yup. the 15 division titles, 5 superbowls, etc are all impressive. But the consistency is the awe inspiring part.

Since 2001 there have been 17 Superbowls...the Patriots have played in 8 of them. Essentially half of the Superbowls for coming up on 20 years.

They have also been in 12 of the 17 AFC Title games in that same span. so 2/3 of the time, they at worst played for the conference championship.

They havent won less than 10 games since 2002

If they were the Colts, that would be 12 banners in the last 17 years.

Reactions: Fossy21 and JRull86

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
They should have more wins in the decade of the 2010s than they did in the 2000s before the 2019 season even begins.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
LOL NFL put ref who supposedly called Hughes a name on leave. Has has gotten nothing so far after threatening the ref. LMAO IDK who has worse punishments NFL or NHL.

I am sure players call the refs worse than what the ref supposedly called Hughes

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
LOL NFL put ref who supposedly called Hughes a name on leave. Has has gotten nothing so far after threatening the ref. LMAO IDK who has worse punishments NFL or NHL.

I am sure players call the refs worse than what the ref supposedly called Hughes
It's not that the language used was overly vulgar, because let's be serious, the players say MUCH worse to each other. It's the fact that when an official starts singling out players to yell at like that, the supposed neutrality of their officiating goes out the window.

That's the issue, not his language.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Never confident in the Pats when they play in Miami.

But luckily for you all, I picked Miami in the spread.

So that means the Pats are gonna blow them out of the water.

:laugh:

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I hope so

Like I said really early. IDK much about NCAA football. I have heard good things about this dude tho. IDK if I would rank DB as a 1st round need. Gillmore is the #1 Rowe if he can ever stay healthy has #2 potential still but optimism is fading. Veteran McCourty and young guys Jones, Jackson and Dawson.

This draft has a tremendous amount of stud DLs from what I read I wouldnt mind them moving up for one or if a stud falls taking one.

Patriot teams needs is sometime difficult to gauge for me since one week a no name LB can come in and have 2-3 sacks for them and then 2 weeks later be back on the PS

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
They do not need a CB in the first round.

Gilmore has been great again after that hiccup against TEN. JMac has been a solid guy all year, and someone that should be retained next year. Jon Jones has flashed, and played well in the slot. JC Jackson has flashed, and had a great game in his first start against the Vikings, and looks like another undrafted gem. Crossen has been okay. Plus they have Duke Dawson waiting.

Frankly if they are picking in the secondary, it should be a safety.

They need athleticism at LB, and that should be a priority in the upcoming draft. I know they like what they have in Bentley, but there's too much of an unknown there.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
They do not need a CB in the first round.

Gilmore has been great again after that hiccup against TEN. JMac has been a solid guy all year, and someone that should be retained next year. Jon Jones has flashed, and played well in the slot. JC Jackson has flashed, and had a great game in his first start against the Vikings, and looks like another undrafted gem. Crossen has been okay. Plus they have Duke Dawson waiting.

Frankly if they are picking in the secondary, it should be a safety.

They need athleticism at LB, and that should be a priority in the upcoming draft. I know they like what they have in Bentley, but there's too much of an unknown there.

They signed Melifonwu to a 2 year deal so they must see something in him. However McCourty and Chung are both in their 30s. Harmon is good. IDK if I would rank S as a first.

I agree on LB. Pats need a stud Hybrid DE/LB or just some sort of LB game changer. Hightower has slowed down over the years. I see a lot of Michigan players in this mock. May ask this Michigan superfan about which players are good.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
They signed Melifonwu to a 2 year deal so they must see something in him. However McCourty and Chung are both in their 30s. Harmon is good. IDK if I would rank S as a first.

I agree on LB. Pats need a stud Hybrid DE/LB or just some sort of LB game changer. Hightower has slowed down over the years. I see a lot of Michigan players in this mock. May ask this Michigan superfan about which players are good.
McCourty has been pedestrian this year and carries a 14 million dollar cap charge next year. No way he's back at that number.

Harmon is a good rotational/sub package piece, but he's not an every snap player.

I'd certainly rank Saftey as a need over CB though. Not sure CB is even in my top 5.

LB, QB, S, TE, DE/Hybrid > CB IMO

WR also a need, but given their track record, not sure I'd want them spending high draft capital on that player.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
McCourty has been pedestrian this year and carries a 14 million dollar cap charge next year. No way he's back at that number.

Harmon is a good rotational/sub package piece, but he's not an every snap player.

I'd certainly rank Saftey as a need over CB though. Not sure CB is even in my top 5.

LB, QB, S, TE, DE/Hybrid > CB IMO

WR also a need, but given their track record, not sure I'd want them spending high draft capital on that player.

I feel WR and TE are needs people dont want to bring up because of loyalty to Edelmen and Gronk. But both are needs however I dont see the Pats going after those or a QB in the first.

Can see them doing DL, DB or LB or even being really random and drafting a OL.

In regards to WR almost all their WRs are FAs or RFAs this year except Edelman I believe. Team will keep Gordon however Hogan, Patterson and Dorsett are toss ups. I would like to keep Patterson.

if somehow this dude dropped to the Patriots I would be very happy. Giving Brady another weapon and someone to replace Edelman once he leaves also giving a future QB a weapon.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Taylor Lewan, the Brad Marchand of the NFL :laugh:

I remember when we lost to Jacksonville I said that was their Superbowl and then got blasted by people saying there were just a great team....They've gone 2-9 since beating the Patriots lol.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Opponent I'm playing this week in round 1 of fantasy playoffs left Henry on the bench. Thank god. 47.8 points.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
How does everyone feel about this Sunday's matchup?

The Dolphins really aren't good. They've lost to some bad teams and barely won other games. Yet Miami is basically always a house of horrors for us, we've dropped 4 of the last 5 there. And it's not like we've been killing it on the road this year. I think we should win, but not ruling out a flat performance and a loss.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
With about 5 minutes to go, Titans were up 30-9, so no chance of the Jags coming back, and on 3rd and goal, Vrabel runs Henry to try to get a record breaking 5th TD. I get that, but then when he’s stopped, what did people think of him going for it on 4th and goal from the 3? Would it have been more of a slap in the face to kick the FG?

ps I’m slightly biased because I had Succop in my fantasy league and wanted the 3 points :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad