Patriots/NFL 2018 Season V - 9-5 - Next up Buffalo 12/23 1 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Starting Williams and Jacskon last night in my playoffs worked out great
Had Gordon. Snagged Williams off waivers cause someone already snagged Jackson.

Oh, and the person I'm playing against has Keenan Allen :naughty:

Reactions: KrejciMVP

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
There's a crazy playoff scenario out there that has NE as the 3 seed even if they win out.

NE and Houston both win out, but the Chargers lose to Baltimore, and the Chiefs lose to Oakland.

Houston would end up as the top seed, LA would get the second seed, and NE would drop down to third.

Very slim chance, but crazy.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
That Dolphins ****show is looming large. We need to win our games and get one loss in the final two weeks from each of KC and LA. KC going to Seattle on Sunday Night is a loseable game. Chargers go to Denver week 17, could be a tough matchup.

I'd honestly be fine with just being the #2 seed to the Chargers, since it means we don't have to go to Arrowhead no matter what.

Maybe this is me overthinking things but I would rather play the Chiefs in the playoffs than the Chargers, especially now that KC lost Hunt and LA will be getting Gordon back. The Chargers have a much better defense and their combination of a pass rush plus a good secondary could potentially give the Patriots problems. And I think with Gordon and Allen they could score on our defense easily like the Chiefs can.

The Arrowhead factor is obviously huge but Andy Reid will probably find a way to blow it before the AFC Champ anyway, especially if they run into Pitt

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Im scared, hahah.

Good luck to you guys, hopefully my Steelers can pull out a win against you guys, Ridley want's revenge.
This whole Ridley revenge nonsense is a freaking joke.

Guy had fumble issues every year he was here, and blew out his knee. Of course they're going to move on from him. He's been on what, 4 different teams since he left, and has carried the ball a grand total of 88 times since.

Time to let it go Stevan.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Maybe this is me overthinking things but I would rather play the Chiefs in the playoffs than the Chargers, especially now that KC lost Hunt and LA will be getting Gordon back. The Chargers have a much better defense and their combination of a pass rush plus a good secondary could potentially give the Patriots problems. And I think with Gordon and Allen they could score on our defense easily like the Chiefs can.

The Arrowhead factor is obviously huge but Andy Reid will probably find a way to blow it before the AFC Champ anyway, especially if they run into Pitt
I'd love to see the Chargers play KC again in the divisional round.

Until Reid shows he can close a friggin game with proper clock management, you just cannot take a team he coaches seriously. Much like a Tomlin coached team against NE.

There is no reason the Chargers should have gotten the ball back prior to the two minute warning with KC's offense. They went totally vanilla conservative and lost because of it.

Much like Reid's infamous drive to nowhere against the Patriots in the playoffs a few years ago.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
1. The 2 seed is probably better for us because chances are we'd get Houston in here while the Chiefs and Chargers would be in a bloodbath either way - and I imagine that Kraft would pull off getting the Saturday game again which gives them an extra day of rest on the AFC West winner.

2. Stevan Ridley sucks. He always sucked. He fumbled so much that BenJarvus Green-Ellis stole the starting job from him and Danny Woodhead wound up being used more often. He's been on like 7 teams, what's his issue with revenge other than trying to get attention?

3. Everyone's just acting like Pittsburgh is top tier and them in the playoffs is a given, but here's my hot take: at this point Baltimore is a better team than Pittsburgh and is going to win the North. Maybe Lamar Jackson turns into a pumpkin down the stretch, but that team's hot. The Steelers have lost 3 in a row. They should've lost to the Jags the week before that. They play the Pats this week (who they never ever beat), then have to travel to New Orleans next week. The Ravens have the Bucs and Browns at home in the last 3 weeks. They're winning that division.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
1. The 2 seed is probably better for us because chances are we'd get Houston in here while the Chiefs and Chargers would be in a bloodbath either way - and I imagine that Kraft would pull off getting the Saturday game again which gives them an extra day of rest on the AFC West winner.

2. Stevan Ridley sucks. He always sucked. He fumbled so much that BenJarvus Green-Ellis stole the starting job from him and Danny Woodhead wound up being used more often. He's been on like 7 teams, what's his issue with revenge other than trying to get attention?

3. Everyone's just acting like Pittsburgh is top tier and them in the playoffs is a given, but here's my hot take: at this point Baltimore is a better team than Pittsburgh and is going to win the North. Maybe Lamar Jackson turns into a pumpkin down the stretch, but that team's hot. The Steelers have lost 3 in a row. They should've lost to the Jags the week before that. They play the Pats this week (who they never ever beat), then have to travel to New Orleans next week. The Ravens have the Bucs and Browns at home in the last 3 weeks. They're winning that division.

Baltimore and the Chargers very well could win their respective divisions but I’m thinking that the Chiefs will hold onto theirs by default of the tiebreaker over LAC. That’s ok though, because I think LAC is a better team than KC and it will work out better for the Patriots in the end to have the 2 seed.

Let’s say it ends like this:

1 KC
2 NE
3 HOU
4 BAL
5 LAC
6 PIT

I very easily see HOU beating PIT and LAC would definitely beat BAL.

All of that means that we would see KC-LAC and NE-HOU as the final four in the AFC and a very good chance we get LAC at home in the AFC Champ. You get the easier matchup against Houston and avoid going to Arrowhead.

All of that is very realistic imo

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
High Roller I am not :)

upload_2018-12-15_22-17-24.png

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Im scared, hahah.

Good luck to you guys, hopefully my Steelers can pull out a win against you guys, Ridley want's revenge.

Revenge for what??? Please.

I think the key to winning today is the running game. Tomlin will have the Steelers defense ready for the pass and likely won’t even be thinking about the Patriots running the ball. Not that the Steelers have had much luck stopping the Patriots passing offense over the last 17 seasons, but the Patriots running a ball control offense will keep their putrid defense off the field and allow them to grind out a win.

We can also count on at least one major Steelers coaching gaffe today. Can’t wait to see what it is.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Was far more nervous about playing Miami than I am Pitt.

Pitt this season is the definition of mediocre. They were never as good as a 7-2-1 record indicated. Won a ton of close games they had no business winning, and now they are losing close games they should have won.

No way Pats lose two in a row after getting embarassed in Miami last weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad