Patriots/NFL 2018 Season V - 9-5 - Next up Buffalo 12/23 1 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhldream

Jan 4, 2015
Tanehill wasn’t gonna throw it 70 yards. No point to have gronk in there . Real dumb

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That was exactly the story of the 2012 Seahawks game, just without Sherman's stupid You Mad shit.

Wasted points at end of half, mistakes throughout the game, give up last second TD on a defensive embarrassment. Yep.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
You don't have to critique what happened earlier in the game. Pop warner teams shouldn't give up a TD on a last second miraculous lateral play, nevermind an NFL team with SB aspirations.

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The thing that I HATE about the 2nd half of the Patriots Dynasty (2009-present) is that they can’t f***ing tackle.

I have no idea what happened to Bill Belichick, but I think he either forgot how to coach defense, or the talent on that side of the ball is sorely lacking. In that case, Belichick the GM thinks Belichick the coach can make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

I’m disgusted and more than a little enraged. Here’s a change: hoping the Bruins snap me out of my Patriots funk.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
So about 30 minutes ago the Pats were up by 1 and driving with a minute or so left, and the Ravens had a 7 point lead and had the Chiefs in 4th and 9. Sigh.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
That play is exactly why you don't kick the field goal with 20 seconds left on their 5 yard line. You go for it (pass play, since keeping the clock running doesn't matter) and either you score the touchdown or Dolphins only have 15 seconds to score from their own 5. They were going to have to try for a touchdown no matter what because there would not have been enough time to get in field goal range.

Assuming most teams are looking to get to the 50 to try a Hail Mary, you're choosing between the Dolphins trying to get 10-15 yards in 5 seconds or 40-50 yards in 15 seconds. I choose the second option every time, especially considering they don't have any timeouts, so there's also the chance that you tackle them in bounds and the time runs out.

The worst decision of all might be playing a Hail Mary defense on that last play. Miami is on their own 31 with 7 seconds left. Tannehill would have had to throw 75 yards to get it to the end zone. That's not happening, so why is Gronk out there? You know they are going to throw a short pass, so why not have closer coverage rather than putting all of your defenders down field? What might be the most incredible thing is that most of the time Miami choosing to run down the field would have been idiotic. You get tackled and the game is over. The smart thing would have been to run out of bounds with time remaining and go for a Hail Mary.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Still not as bad as the 04 game down there.

Brady threw for 170 and 4 picks.

Dolphins score 2 td in the final 2 minutes thanks to Brady throwing 2 consecutive picks from his own 20 in those final minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad