Patriots/NFL 2018 Season V - 9-5 - Next up Buffalo 12/23 1 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Chiefs win, the one seed is G-O-N-E
Eh not yet.

Chiefs have two tough games against Chargers and Seattle, then a layup against Oakland.

With the way Patriots have played on the road though, can't feel comfortable about Pitt next week, regardless of the fact Pitt can't beat them.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Eh not yet.

Chiefs have two tough games against Chargers and Seattle, then a layup against Oakland.

With the way Patriots have played on the road though, can't feel comfortable about Pitt next week, regardless of the fact Pitt can't beat them.
Chargers can beat them. But I don't know if they'll lose another.

And the other thing, the Chargers only have 3 losses themselves. We'd have to have them lose somewhere too.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Chargers can beat them. But I don't know if they'll lose another.

And the other thing, the Chargers only have 3 losses themselves. We'd have to have them lose somewhere too.

No we don't. Who ever doesn't win the AFC West goes on the road after the wild card round, regardless of record

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Defense and Gostkowski atrocious tonight.

Lol @ Gronk on that last play too.
Gronk looked bad and everyone's going to be mocking him for it, but there was no reason for him to even be on the field. One of the worst coaching decisions Belichick has made in a game.

Reactions: rfournier103

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Why was Gronk out there? Tannehill couldn't throw far enough for that to ever be a jump ball.

Agree with this one, Makes no sense at all. And honestly even in the Hail Mary situations, I don't think it makes any sense either. Your putting a player in a position the are not comfortable in. Just a complete unforced error by BB

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Dallas fumbles first kickoff of game 3 Eagles only guys on ball and replay comes back inconclusive of clean possession.Now that is fixed.Not 1 Dallas player in pile Not 1

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Gronk looked bad and everyone's going to be mocking him for it, but there was no reason for him to even be on the field. One of the worst coaching decisions Belichick has made in a game.

No, it was pretty moronic. They weren't going to throw a Hail Mary from their own 20 yard line.

Still can't help but chuckle a bit. He looked like such a clumsy goof.

Reactions: McGarnagle

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Pats had sure points end of first half..Take the damn field goal this conversation is moot.Some will say Brady some say Gronk.I say going for 7 with barely any time was stupid. .

Reactions: McGarnagle

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Pats had sure points end of first half..Take the damn field goal this conversation is moot.Some will say Brady some say Gronk.I say going for 7 with barely any time was stupid. .

That is all on Brady. You run a simple play with basically the instructions, if the receiver isn't open, throw the ball away. I can't blame the coach on that. It's a freaking Hall of Fame QB out on the field. He knows his job, and he has about a 3 count and then throw it away. That play is 100% Brady

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Two other things I want to complain about on the final play:

1. What was with the spacing? Why was Gronk the only one guarding the goal line on that side of the field in a 5 point game?

2. f***ing JC Jackson (who has had a decent season) stopped running after the first lateral. Then after he started running again, he missed catching Drake by about 2 yards or so.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
That is all on Brady. You run a simple play with basically the instructions, if the receiver isn't open, throw the ball away. I can't blame the coach on that. It's a freaking Hall of Fame QB out on the field. He knows his job, and he has about a 3 count and then throw it away. That play is 100% Brady

It does not always work that way though with guys running at you with arms up.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Wrong

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Surprised they didn’t go for a conversion towards the end to prevent that, game was see-sawing the whole time with the dolphins consistently going up by 1 every few possessions

I’m glad I’m not toooo invested in the pats otherwise my Sunday would be especially blah right now :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad