Patriots/NFL 2018 Regular Season - 1-0 - On to Jacksonville 9/16 4:25 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Day 1 of Camp and Bill's already in mid season form (I don't blame him. Time to move on)

Questions:

A) Did BB let Kraft know the Browns offer before the SF deal was made? Or, did BB only give him the full details of the Browns offer, and subsequent SF deal, after it happened?

It's possible BB was told to make the best decision for the Patriots. And thus, didn't have to tell the owner the full details until after the fact.

Personally, I just cannot imagine that:

A) Kraft would ever agree to by passing the Brows offer ( Which is speculation) for the SF deal. Assuming he knew ahead of time. You don't by pass a few 1sts to do a player " Right". That's downright ludicrous. Jimmy G wouldn't make the Browns immediate playoff contenders, let alone SB contenders. Thus, the whole theory of "Not wanting to trade in conference goes out the window".

B) If BB didn't tell the owner of the Browns offer before trading Jimmy G to SF, and Kraft found afterward, well...how would BB really get away with that?

Which scenario does everyone think occured? Was the Browns offer made up?

Could anyone ever excuse a coach putting a player ahead of the good of the organization?

Obviously were only " Speculating".

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Questions:

A) Did BB let Kraft know the Browns offer before the SF deal was made? Or, did BB only give him the full details of the Browns offer, and subsequent SF deal, after it happened?

It's possible BB was told to make the best decision for the Patriots. And thus, didn't have to tell the owner the full details until after the fact.

Personally, I just cannot imagine that:

A) Kraft would ever agree to by passing the Brows offer ( Which is speculation) for the SF deal. Assuming he knew ahead of time. You don't by pass a few 1sts to do a player " Right". That's downright ludicrous. Jimmy G wouldn't make the Browns immediate playoff contenders, let alone SB contenders. Thus, the whole theory of "Not wanting to trade in conference goes out the window".

B) If BB didn't tell the owner of the Browns offer before trading Jimmy G to SF, and Kraft found afterward, well...how would BB really get away with that?

Which scenario does everyone think occured? Was the Browns offer made up?

Could anyone ever excuse a coach putting a player ahead of the good of the organization?

Obviously were only " Speculating".
Quite honestly, I don't care.

Unless Bill writes a tell all book in the next decade, no one will ever have these questions answered.

Time to move on

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

Unless Bill writes a tell all book in the next decade, no one will ever have these questions answered.

Time to move on

If the head coach put a player's future over the team's, and you're a fan, you should care. He would deserve all criticism. Skip Bayless went a step further and suggested that, if indeed BB took the SF deal over the Browns, Kraft should fire BB on the spot.

Oh well. That's why I call BS on the Browns offer.

Onto 2018.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
If the head coach put a player's future over the team's, and you're a fan, you should care. He would deserve all criticism. Skip Bayless went a step further and suggested that, if indeed BB took the SF deal over the Browns, Kraft should fire BB on the spot.

Oh well. That's why I call BS on the Browns offer.

Onto 2018.
I still don't care and that you referred to Skip Bayless means I couldn't care less.

This is :deadhorse

Reactions: Alicat

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Edelman, Gronk, Hogan, Jordan Matthews, plus lots of options in the backfield with receiving backs. I think they'll move the ball. Brady also just won the MVP without Edelman last year.

Bolded are beat up and/or injury prone. They also don't have a deep threat at receiver. No Edelman for first four games hurts too. It'll be enough to win the division. However on paper, Cowherd isn't far off his assessment.

My guess is they figured Cooks couldn't be afforded beyond 2018. Thus, they decided to try & get something for him. I'll leave it at that.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I liked the return on Cooks. The selections remains to be seen. Dez could be that deep threat but who knows anymore.

IDK if this team is SB Caliber didnt really improve the defense all that much really. Lost Butler and didnt really replace him.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I liked the return on Cooks. The selections remains to be seen. Dez could be that deep threat but who knows anymore.

IDK if this team is SB Caliber didnt really improve the defense all that much really. Lost Butler and didnt really replace him.
Butler sucked last year. Yes he should have played in the SB, but if they find one of these CBs can give them what Butler gave last gear, they will be fine. Assuming Gilmore continues his play where he was at the end of the season. CB depth and safeties are fine.

Gotta believe the DLine will be far better with the additions of Shelton and Clayborn, as well as Rivers coming back from injury.

Linebacking corps still remains a weakness outside of Hightower, who desperately needs to stay healthy this year. Wonder if they move clayborn to a hybrid off the line DE/OLB role instead of a tradition DE.

WR is really a cause for concern right now to begin the year. Edelman suspended, and who knows what he actually is going to give them given his age and coming off a tough injury. Right now it's looking like Britt is starting on PUP, and Mitchell is basically a nonfactor at this point.

RB is going to be where this team succeeds offensively to start the year.

Honestly, they don't have the best roster in the AFC talent wise, but I think they have the best roster for what they want to accomplish, and Brady, Bill and McDaniels will make the most out of it.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Bolded are beat up and/or injury prone. They also don't have a deep threat at receiver. No Edelman for first four games hurts too. It'll be enough to win the division. However on paper, Cowherd isn't far off his assessment.

My guess is they figured Cooks couldn't be afforded beyond 2018. Thus, they decided to try & get something for him. I'll leave it at that.

The offense is the least of my worries. Remember the pats are the elite of the elite in football. They have a plan and a 1000 plans after that. Have to respect teams that can win for 20 years straight

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Gilmore is out here breaking up Brady passes to Edelman and Hogan.

Looks like they may be looking to use Patrick Chung on offense based on one drill they did.

Malcolm Mitchell was in uniform but is with the PUP guys.

Bolden is off PUP.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Time to move on
My take is people should move on.

Bill had an agenda and f***ed up so if that’s the answer who in their right mind would say this

Especially Mr. ‘I do only what’s best for this team.’

Had Butler signed the deal they offered him the YAC would have likely been 0. Not the 6+ Badamosi gave up.

He’s human

He messed up

He cost them a SB

They still have 5

He’s still a great coach

On to 2018

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The offense is the least of my worries. Remember the pats are the elite of the elite in football. They have a plan and a 1000 plans after that. Have to respect teams that can win for 20 years straight
Teams may have to play vanilla coverage against the Patriots

Sony Michel was my favorite college player for what he did to Alabama

I can see a mid to late camp big addition in receiving game

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Yes cause the AFC sucks. Jacksonville is nice. So is Pittsburgh. But we will go 12-4 and be back in the Super Bowl.
This is spot on.

In a vacuum, I don't know if I'd say "super bowl caliber" until I see the defense in action. But what I do know is that nobody in the AFC is going to beat us. When the biggest threats in the conference are a team QBed by Blake Bortles or a Pittsburgh team that has proven unable to stop Brady over 17 years, I'm pretty confident about getting out of the conference. Then in the Superbowl you only need to go through one of Philly/LA/Minnesota. With Brady and Belichick, you're always in that game.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
It was said they tried trading Mitchell for a 7th and no one would do it.
Why bother? He was good when he could play. Just let him rehab or cut him if you dont think he can come back. No one is giving a pick if we dont want him. Were missing our starting WRs from last year and rolling out Kenny Britt and Patterson.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I am not sure I could root for a team owned by Jerry Jones. His face with all the work gone wrong creeps me out.

Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad