Patriots/NFL 2018 Regular Season - 1-0 - On to Jacksonville 9/16 4:25 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Mitchell likely done for 2018. Now your top receivers are two injury prone 30 something year olds ( Hogan & Edelman). One of said injury prone players won't be available for 4 games.

I think you've got to consider going after Dez Bryant. This receiving core, even with Brady, isn't going to cut it. Yeah sure Gronk is great. But, we know his injury history too.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Mitchell likely done for 2018. Now your top receivers are two injury prone 30 something year olds ( Hogan & Edelman). One of said injury prone players won't be available for 4 games.

I think you've got to consider going after Dez Bryant. This receiving core, even with Brady, isn't going to cut it. Yeah sure Gronk is great. But, we know his injury history too.

That sucks. Dude can't catch a break. His performance in the Superbowl against the Falcons is something that gets lost in all the hype around that game, but dude held us in it in with some key catches those drives in the 4th quarter.

I think you're underestimating Kenny Britt. I believe he's going to become a contributor in that outside role.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Wait what? Mitchell isn't done for 2018, reports are they are trying to trade him.

Judging by the timeline, it appears that the first reports were that the Pats were exploring trade options, as he looked to be the “odd man out” in the WR group.

Then a few hours later it was reported that he had undergone a procedure (arthroscopic I assume) yesterday to determine why his knee was still bothering him. They were also saying he would not be on the field for TC and might be done for the season.

Not sure if this was based off what they found or speculation?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Judging by the timeline, it appears that the first reports were that the Pats were exploring trade options, as he looked to be the “odd man out” in the WR group.

Then a few hours later it was reported that he had undergone a procedure (arthroscopic I assume) yesterday to determine why his knee was still bothering him. They were also saying he would not be on the field for TC and might be done for the season.

Not sure if this was based off what they found or speculation?

Geez, before I even posted that I googled him and none of the top news stories said anything about that. Thanks.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I was semi on board with Dez, but never 100% Britt is injured ATM but its not major, Mitchell is injured and maybe traded, Edelman on for the first 4 games but even then the Pats still have Hogan, Berrios, Matthews and Patterson. After Edelman and Britt come back what will happen to Dez? Its not 100% Berrios or Matthews make the roster but still.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm not that worried about the WRs, since James White and Rex Burkhead are both passing options out of the backfield on any given play.

For the first four weeks, I reckon you'll see a lot of two-back packages (and probably formations where White is split wide). Hogan-Gronk-Dorsett/Matthews-White/Burkhead-Gilislee isn't a bad skill position package by any means.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
It sucks to hear about Malcolm Mitchell. Seems like a great teammate and he was great his rookie season. I love his story too.

I’m looking forward to camp on Friday.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I'm not that worried about the WRs, since James White and Rex Burkhead are both passing options out of the backfield on any given play.

For the first four weeks, I reckon you'll see a lot of two-back packages (and probably formations where White is split wide). Hogan-Gronk-Dorsett/Matthews-White/Burkhead-Gilislee isn't a bad skill position package by any means.

You are forgetting a player that could be a huge weapon out of the backfield, Sony Michel.

1:09 in the video

Which rookie will prove they should have been drafted higher?

Reactions: McGarnagle

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Di9ERPjWsAECC3a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad