Agholor
K. Cole
J. Washington

TE
Kittle
Hurst

J. Elliot

Minnesota

I'm guessing that this is the PPR league that you were asking about?

I'm not a fan of Jordan Howard at all this year. I think the new coaching staff is going to love Cohen. I generally don't take one of the top tier QBs. Jones is an underrated guy, and Riddick is great for PPR. I have no idea what to think of Kittle. He has upside, but I think his floor is pretty low. Washington is a good dart throw at the end.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm guessing that this is the PPR league that you were asking about?

I'm not a fan of Jordan Howard at all this year. I think the new coaching staff is going to love Cohen. I generally don't take one of the top tier QBs. Jones is an underrated guy, and Riddick is great for PPR. I have no idea what to think of Kittle. He has upside, but I think his floor is pretty low. Washington is a good dart throw at the end.
Got Bree's in the 8th, I never go for the top tier guys usually either.

I'm high on Howard, and the passing down work he's been doing in camp has me pleased (compared to his drop rate of past). Couldn't pass him up in the 4th.

Waited on my TE, wanted Burton but he went a few picks before me and the rest of the TE pool was pretty barren.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Got Bree's in the 8th, I never go for the top tier guys usually either.

I'm high on Howard, and the passing down work he's been doing in camp has me pleased (compared to his drop rate of past). Couldn't pass him up in the 4th.

Waited on my TE, wanted Burton but he went a few picks before me and the rest of the TE pool was pretty barren.

Brees in the 8th is fine. I just think Cohen will be a much better value this year than Howard. I think Burton is going to have a big year, so that sucks.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
QB
Brees
Mariota

RB
Barkley
Howard
R. Freeman
Riddick
Montgomery

WR
M. Thomas
Fitzgerald
M. Jones
Funchess
Agholor
K. Cole
J. Washington

TE
Kittle
Hurst

J. Elliot

Minnesota

I don't love the Brees pick, but I'm about as anti-QB as you're gonna find. Love what you did at WR/RB and like the late value picks (Kittle, Hurst, Mariota) as well.

It's nitpicking to have an issue with an 8th round pick, but I think you could have taken another WR/RB and grabbed a comparable QB in the 10th-12th round. That being said, I really like your depth RB/WR picks, which does help mitigate "reaching" on Brees.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
10 teams, 9th pick. Standard league for the most point but it's bonus heavy. Start 2 RB and 3 WR along with 1 of everything else

QB: Stafford, Ryan
RB: Fournette, Ronald Jones, L. Miller, C. Thompson, Jordan Wilkins, Clement
WR: OBJ, Evans, Diggs, Tate, Jeffery, Gallup
TE: Olsen, ASJ
K: McManus
DST: Vikings

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
10 teams, 9th pick. Standard league for the most point but it's bonus heavy. Start 2 RB and 3 WR along with 1 of everything else

QB: Stafford, Ryan
RB: Fournette, Ronald Jones, L. Miller, C. Thompson, Jordan Wilkins, Clement
WR: OBJ, Evans, Diggs, Tate, Jeffery, Gallup
TE: Olsen, ASJ
K: McManus
DST: Vikings

I personally don't like taking a backup QB in 10 team leagues. I'm sure you know this, but your running back depth isn't that good. You're set at receiver, though. I hope you have an IR spot in case Jeffery is forced to start on the PUP list.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I personally don't like taking a backup QB in 10 team leagues. I'm sure you know this, but your running back depth isn't that good. You're set at receiver, though. I hope you have an IR spot in case Jeffery is forced to start on the PUP list.

Only reason I took a backup QB is because there was 18 roster spots and Ryan was still sitting there in like the 14th round. There isn't an IR spot but like I said with 18 roster spots I was willing to take a chance with Jeffery when he was still sitting there in a double digit round especially when I already 4 solid WRs in front of him.

I don't normally take backup TEs either but in this league you can only drop QB/RB/WR and TE/K/DST for each other. So if I didn't pick a 2nd one it meant I was either dropping Olsen on his BYE or going without a TE (or DST or K) that week.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Only reason I took a backup QB is because there was 18 roster spots and Ryan was still sitting there in like the 14th round. There isn't an IR spot but like I said with 18 roster spots I was willing to take a chance with Jeffery when he was still sitting there in a double digit round especially when I already 4 solid WRs in front of him.

I don't normally take backup TEs either but in this league you can only drop QB/RB/WR and TE/K/DST for each other. So if I didn't pick a 2nd one it meant I was either dropping Olsen on his BYE or going without a TE (or DST or K) that week.

Hmmmm... that's silly. I usually don't take a backup TE either, but you basically had to.

Jeffery is a good stash though. It just sucks that there isn't an IR spot.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
So... I'm an idiot. I panicked in round 6, and I picked a QB in a 10 team re-draft. I basically ran out of time. I picked 7th. It is a PPR league.

QB- Newton (round 6)
RB- Kamara (round 1)
RB- Mixon (round 3)
WR- Allen (round 2)
WR- Hilton (round 4)
WR- Landry (round 5)
TE- Reed (round 11)
Flex- R. Freeman (round 7)
Flex- Funchess (round 8)
K- Forbath (round 18)
DEF- New Orleans (round 16)

BN- Ryan (round 15)
BN- Carson (round 10)
BN- C. Thompson (round 12)
BN- Wilkins (round 14)
BN- Riddick (round 17)
BN- Fuller (round 9)
BN- A. Miller (round 13)

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
So this is the Yahoo HF Sharks league that I do with @rangerssharks414 each year, 12 team, 7 bench spots, 2 flex spots, and I think PPR league

QB - Aaron Rodgers
WR - Antonio Brown
WR - Adam Theilan
WR - Brandin Cooks
RB - Jordan Howard
RB - Jay Ajayi
TE - Kyle Rudolph
Flex - Dion Lewis
Flex - Kerryon Johnson (Who I have heard great things about and I think the Kansas Song every time now)

Bench Spots:

Kenny Golladay
DJ Moore
Giovani Bernard
Cameron Brate
Ty Montgomery
Mohamed Sanu
Matt Breida

K - Robbie Gould
DEF - Philadelphia

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
My just for fun draft last night and I couldn't get off work early so it was on autodraft . It is a 14 team league which includes tradable draft picks. Last season I ended up trading my 3rd and 5th picks with players in a push for 1st place and ended up blowing a game in the playoffs and finishing third.

Q RB WR WR TE FLEX D K is the lineup with 6 bench players.

I ended up having the 3rd overall and hot damn is my team is average at best lmao.

Q M.Ryan, Goff
RB D. Johnson, Chubb, Kelly
WR A. Cooper, Marvin Jones Jr, Agholor, DJ Moore, Kupp
TE Njoku, Seals-Jones
D Broncos
K Matt Bryant

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
So this is the Yahoo HF Sharks league that I do with @rangerssharks414 each year, 12 team, 7 bench spots, 2 flex spots, and I think PPR league

QB - Aaron Rodgers
WR - Antonio Brown
WR - Adam Theilan
WR - Brandin Cooks
RB - Jordan Howard
RB - Jay Ajayi
TE - Kyle Rudolph
Flex - Dion Lewis
Flex - Kerryon Johnson (Who I have heard great things about and I think the Kansas Song every time now)

Bench Spots:

Kenny Golladay
DJ Moore
Giovani Bernard
Cameron Brate
Ty Montgomery
Mohamed Sanu
Matt Breida

K - Robbie Gould
DEF - Philadelphia

10 team PPR

I didn't like it that you took Rodgers so early. Running backs flew off the board, so we all had to reach. I love the Golladay and Moore picks. I don't like Howard at all.

Reactions: SJSharksfan39

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
My just for fun draft last night and I couldn't get off work early so it was on autodraft . It is a 14 team league which includes tradable draft picks. Last season I ended up trading my 3rd and 5th picks with players in a push for 1st place and ended up blowing a game in the playoffs and finishing third.

Q RB WR WR TE FLEX D K is the lineup with 6 bench players.

I ended up having the 3rd overall and hot damn is my team is average at best lmao.

Q M.Ryan, Goff
RB D. Johnson, Chubb, Kelly
WR A. Cooper, Marvin Jones Jr, Agholor, DJ Moore, Kupp
TE Njoku, Seals-Jones
D Broncos
K Matt Bryant

Yuck. It looks like you have your work cut out for you.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
10 team PPR

I didn't like it that you took Rodgers so early. Running backs flew off the board, so we all had to reach. I love the Golladay and Moore picks. I don't like Howard at all.

Yeah, I think I could have done a better job with RBs. I've found in most of the mocks I've done, I've really focused on WR, and in this draft, I wasn't all that keen on the Howard pick. Still, like you said RBs were going off the board quickly so I needed to get at least an above average one, and heck there was a podcast I was listening to yesterday in which one of the fantasy experts has Jordan Howard as MVP. I don't think that's going to happen, but it's nice to hear something positive.

As for Rodgers, that was more I didn't want to get stuck with Brees or a lower tier QB again like last year, so while everyone was taking RBs, go get the QB I'm going to ride the entire season.

I'm willing to trade for a RB and a TE sometime this season.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
12 team Pick 8 (Linear/Non-snaking) 0.5 PPR (2-4 Keeper league)

QB: Newton
WR: Diggs
WR: Landry
RB: Kamara (Keeper)
W/R/T: Mixon (Keeper)
W/R/T: Royce Freeman
TE: Doyle
K: Vinatieri
D: CJ Mosley
DB: Jamal Adams

Bench:

Watkins
Crowder
Michel
Tevin Coleman
Bernard
Barber

Last edited:

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
So... I'm an idiot. I panicked in round 6, and I picked a QB in a 10 team re-draft. I basically ran out of time. I picked 7th. It is a PPR league.

QB- Newton (round 6)
RB- Kamara (round 1)
RB- Mixon (round 3)
WR- Allen (round 2)
WR- Hilton (round 4)
WR- Landry (round 5)
TE- Reed (round 11)
Flex- R. Freeman (round 7)
Flex- Funchess (round 8)
K- Forbath (round 18)
DEF- New Orleans (round 16)

BN- Ryan (round 15)
BN- Carson (round 10)
BN- C. Thompson (round 12)
BN- Wilkins (round 14)
BN- Riddick (round 17)
BN- Fuller (round 9)
BN- A. Miller (round 13)

Thats a really good team. I dont like Funchess and I would rather have Miller or Carson in that flex spot. I would have grabbed a backup TE since you were drafting Reed.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
8 team PPR had the 8th pick.

QB - Brees, Garappolo
RB - Fournette, McCaffrey, Crowell, Cohen, Montgomery
WR - Thielen, Cooper, M. Jones, Goodwin, Benjamin, Edelman
TE - Kelce, Randolph
K - Lutz
D- Rams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad