Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Angus Redmond

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Steel is the easy answer here, he may not end up as the best one out of these players and it wouldn't surprise me but I think everyone is hoping for him to become a great player and there are a lot of promising signs for it. Just need to put it together. Next one is very tricky, I can see anyone of Terry, Larsson and Lundeström taking 2nd place, maybe even Comtois and Jones or Pettersson will challenge them.

Thank you for doing this poll :thumbu:

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
add Durny to the polls imo. A goalie picked in the 5th round is comparable to a skater being picked in the 3rd. Few goalies get picked in the first two rounds nowadays because it's such a crapshoot, and so a goalie in the 5th round can easily have backup potential.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I’m a bit confused as to whether Roy and Welinski should be included in these polls. It says “players who sign their first contracts at 22 or above have 3 seasons to meet these requirements.” If I’m reading this correctly, should Welinski and Roy have one more season to be on the prospect list?

nilssont

May 27, 2007
I voted Steel, but it seems as though the9re are a lot of people writing off Max Jones, why? Is his potential still a second line player?

He just cant stay healthy. Hopefully it wont be devasting for his career, but its tough not to think it.
At this point I would be very happy if he wound up as a decent 3rd liner.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
I voted Steel, but it seems as though there are a lot of people writing off Max Jones, why? Is his potential still a second line player?

Too many red flags. He certainly has higher upside than some of the guys he may be ranked behind but he hasn’t shown much progression from his draft year and his injury history and stupidity on the ice are major concerns as well.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
He just cant stay healthy. Hopefully it wont be devasting for his career, but its tough not to think it.
At this point I would be very happy if he wound up as a decent 3rd liner.

Too many red flags. He certainly has higher upside than some of the guys he may be ranked behind but he hasn’t shown much progression from his draft year and his injury history and stupidity on the ice are major concerns as well.

Maybe a more mobile version of Ritchie. That's unfortunate, had high hopes for him.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I voted Steel, but it seems as though there are a lot of people writing off Max Jones, why? Is his potential still a second line player?

In addition to his injuries his hockey sense and temperament are also worrying. He’s fast, has size and has a good shot but I don’t see a lot else there.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I guess if I was to compare some of our prospects id say their upside is(ill try to use only xduck players)… but jones just has injury issues, the skill is def there but he hasn't shown a lot since being drafted due to those injuries.

Steel - Maybe a slower andy McDonald?
Larsson - Lindholm-lite, guy that is positionally sound and excels in his own end/neutral zone rather than O zone
Terry- Palmeiri, I think he has a very natural goal scoring feel to his game
Jones- I see him as a mix of Cogliano and Beleskey(time in Anaheim)
Mahura- Theodore, question marks defensively.... but will shine in the offensive zone.
Comtois- Maroon, I think comtois has a little higher ceiling then maroon.. but big body that can be a very solid complimentary top 6 forward.
Lunderstrum- Havnt seen him play but from everything ive read, seems kinda like a Saku Koivu style guy(little bigger)
Groulx - Style/attitude of kesler… idk that he has that much upside tho… id be happy with a bonino skill/kesler work ethic/attitude.

I had trouble finding a comparable for steel that is an x/current Anaheim player... I do like the Giroux comparison tho, a guy that excels with more space(like Powerplay)

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I don't see Terry palm comparison at all.

Same with comtois and maroon

Steel play style comparison is giroux

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Surprised of the lack of votes for Terry (that`s my vote).
Won`t be dissapointed to see Steel taking this one but to me Terry is the more creative and speedy one of the both that already have shown potential in some pro games. Similar like Rakell he will be kept away a bit by his strenght at the start but he will adapt in a couple of years latest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad