GDT: 2018 Playoffs and Bracket Challenge

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Pens/Caps is gonna go to seven but I think Pittsburgh still wins. Way too much experience on that team plus the confidence that comes with having beaten Washington the last two years.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
All those disappointed faces in Toronto make me

growing-mushrooms-timelapse-4.gif

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I hate the Bruins as much as Toronto. But I hate Toronto as a city and ILS lot of its fans more. So I'm really happy. Now I want Boston gone though. I never want to see Marchand win anything again

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
But just remember, as Leafs fans would say, teams should trade them top 3 D for a guy like Hyman, because they shouldn't have to part with a legitimately valuable asset to get a really valuable asset back .

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Babcock deserves a fair bit of credit for getting as much as he does out of the Leafs shoddy defence

I think the goalie needs more props. They got hammered this series in term of puck possession and shots, but stayed in it.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I think the goalie needs more props. They got hammered this series in term of puck possession and shots, but stayed in it.
Ironic because Leafs fans were blaming Andersen after games 1 and 2 despite their terrible defense. Hell, you look at the Bruins' 6th goal at a crucial point in the game and it's a "this guy scored" moment.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Ironic because Leafs fans were blaming Andersen after games 1 and 2 despite their terrible defense. Hell, you look at the Bruins' 6th goal at a crucial point in the game and it's a "this guy scored" moment.

They blame the goalie because he was the difference between them being a top Eastern team, and being the Oilers. When that doesn’t show up, you get upset (see Talbot).

Leafs were a very lucky young team, but no one dares mention that.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
started 0/2 in the brackets, but finished 6/8. With my picks of the Ducks to win though, I have the lowest "total possible points" though.

(btw, I have no idea why my team name is what it is, I didn't see a choice to set it and can't seem to edit it now)

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
The main Sportsnet article is currently "despite game 7 loss Leafs ascension is just getting started"

No wonder everyone else dislikes them. Even when they lose all the people around them do is go on about how great they are. I get they're a young team, but that feels like a bad article for being immediately eliminated.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Not doing the bracket challenge, but I pick Nashville to win it all

R1 - Nashville, Minnesota, LA, Anaheim, Tampa. Boston, Washington, Pittsburgh
R2 - Nashville, Anaheim, Boston, Pittsburgh
R3 - Nashville, Boston
R4 - Nashville
Went 5 for 8 after starting 0-2, I'll take it.

I am changing a couple picks for Round 2.

Predators in 6, Golden Knights in 5, Bruins in 6 and Capitals in 7

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The main Sportsnet article is currently "despite game 7 loss Leafs ascension is just getting started"

No wonder everyone else dislikes them. Even when they lose all the people around them do is go on about how great they are. I get they're a young team, but that feels like a bad article for being immediately eliminated.

I think it's probably trying to provide a little balance with regards to what the actual Toronto media will be saying (Auston Matthews is actually garbage, Babcock needs to be fired, the team has no character, etc.).

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
started 0/2 in the brackets, but finished 6/8. With my picks of the Ducks to win though, I have the lowest "total possible points" though.

(btw, I have no idea why my team name is what it is, I didn't see a choice to set it and can't seem to edit it now)
Based on your description, your bracket name is dag_eERDg.

My bracket is still in last place. Picked a lot of upsets in the first round that came back to bite me, and went 0-for-2 in the Pacific. Three out of four of my conference finalists are still there, including my cup champ, so I could still do well.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
So I did better than I thought in the first round, going 6/8, however made a horrible miscalculation thinking LA was going to pull it together for ploffs and go right to the finals. That will hurt my final score.

Usually there's a cinderella team that makes it out of round 1 - does not appear to be the case, this time. Unless, like me, you consider Vegas to be the cinderella team despite finishing first in the division.

The rationalist in me thinks San Jose will beat the Knights, but screw it, I'm cheering for a Knights/Caps final now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad