Prospect Info: 2018 PHILADELPHIA FLYERS DEVELOPMENT CAMP

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Vorobyev seems more likely to make the team than Frost. Even if he's not as talented, he's got that extra two years of development, plus he's physically mature, plus he can be demoted if he struggles.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
This is the Flyers. We don't give promotions or ice time based on production or merit. We live in Hak land. It's similar to hell.

We value veteran status, being heavy, and playing very bland. Players like Chris Vandevelde, Val Filppula, and Andrew MacDonald are repeatedly praised despite all statistical evidence to the contrary.

Jori Lehtera was given PP time despite being ranked dead last in PP efficiency in the last few seasons. Travis Sanheim was not allowed to even sniff PP time until the last game of the season despite the 2nd PP unit being a ****ing MINUS on the season.

Brandon Manning can play an absolutely horrible game. But if he instigates a fight and gets his ass beat when we're losing by 3 goals, Hak will be beaming with pride.

Nothing has to make sense. TK gets pulled off the top line before the Penguins series because Hak wants someone who will score playoff style goals. Genius!

Hak drove Brian Elliott into the ground with an unprecedented workload. Just like he did to Steve Mason 2 years before. Then chose Elliott as playoff starter despite looking like an injured and decrepit old man in net.

We could go on with examples like this all day. Sorry for the rant. Nothing has to make sense. It only has to make sense to Hak.

well said. it's the only blemish on Hextall as far as i'm concerned. i'm happy with everything else going on, just not the coaching.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Myers channeling his inner Salo. Between him and Morin we might get 10 games out of them next year.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
I will not argue with Deadhead about TK

i'm still having a good chuckle at how he spent the last month lecturing people that the Flyers didn't need a scoring LW. he kept forcing Laughton into the 3LW spot. well, it's clear Hextall doesn't subscribe to his warped way of thinking. he was wrong, as he is quite often. but you'll never hear him admit it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You don't push players in July.
And you don't take performance in development camp too seriously, it's like mini-camps in the NFL, cute but essentially meaningless.

TC will come around in a couple months, then we'll be able to gauge their progress when they play against men.

Reactions: wasup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad