Patriots/NFL 2018 Regular Season - 1-0 - On to Jacksonville 9/16 4:25 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
2017 NFL Team Total Stats - National Football League - ESPN

Great point. They were 29th in yards allowed last year, 5th in points allowed per game.

I think looking at passing yards per game tells us a lot. Last year they were 30th. Hopefully Jason McCourty and a more experienced Gilmore will be a big improvement over "in-a-huge-****-cause-he-didnt-get-the-contract-he-wanted" Butler and "sucks-for-half-the-season-while-the-team-figures-out-how-to-use-him" Gilmore.

Not sure why improvements defensively haven't taken place. Surely, you can't be relying on HT to be healthy all season. There's zero excuse not to bring in Eric Reid & RDC ( Former Giant). They'd be better than what's on the current roster. Right?

I do worry about having three injury prone players ( Edelman, Gronk, and Hogan) as Brady's main weapons. Regardless, I think they'll be good offensively.

They better hope they get a team without an explosive offense (Jags,Titans, ) in the postseason. Facing an equally bad D ( Packers) in the SB would be ideal. Unlikely Brady would shred that Eagles D again. They would be a nightmare matchup.

Relying on god mode performances from a 41 year old QB to get you to the promise land isn't a good recipe for success. Belichick hasn't impressed me since the Jimmy G trade.

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Revis to Retirement Island

The top comment on his tweet announcing his retirement is a gif of Randy Moss burning him.

Dude was legit the year he was here and helped us win the Superbowl though

Reactions: Alicat

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Revis to Retirement Island

The top comment on his tweet announcing his retirement is a gif of Randy Moss burning him.

Dude was legit the year he was here and helped us win the Superbowl though

Revis was one of the best CBs I've seen play in his first go with the Jets until he got hurt, and then again the year he was here. Not flashy, but had almost perfect technique.

Parlayed that money from winning the SB into suckering the Jets to overpay him and he mailed it in.

Reactions: Alicat

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Let's put aside for a second how any of us feel about the protests, positive or negative, cause nothing good will come of that conversation anyway.

What will the Dolphins do if 10 or 20 black players take a knee in week 1? What if every black player does? This feels to me a lot like a parent giving an ultimatum they can't actually enforce.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017

Let's put aside for a second how any of us feel about the protests, positive or negative, cause nothing good will come of that conversation anyway.

What will the Dolphins do if 10 or 20 black players take a knee in week 1? What if every black player does? This feels to me a lot like a parent giving an ultimatum they can't actually enforce.

This is classic case of NFL shooting itself in its foot again. It was forgotten until NFL decided to announce some half-assed policy about it. Silver would have quietly told the teams to stay in locker rooms during the anthems or told broadcast partners to not televise them.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

Why does it have to be black players? Last I checked there were white players kneeling as well

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
This is classic case of NFL shooting itself in its foot again. It was forgotten until NFL decided to announce some half-assed policy about it. Silver would have quietly told the teams to stay in locker rooms during the anthems or told broadcast partners to not televise them.
Spot on. It was going away and they brought it right back.

I hate forced Patriotism

Last edited:

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

The simplest f***ing solution was always for the NFL to say, "We understand what our players are doing and why, and while we also know that though many of our fans support them, many are also troubled by kneeling during the anthem because they believe it is an important symbol for America and the brave men and women who protect it. It's impossible in a situation like this, where both sides feel so strongly, to make everyone happy, and since we also want to show our players the respect they deserve while trying to bring about meaningful change in society, our responsibility as a league is not to be moral arbiters of right and wrong, it is to deliver a world class product for our viewers. So we will no longer play the anthem with any players on the field. This might not be a perfect solution that will make everyone happy, but we believe this is the best option to make sure no one will be asked to sacrifice their convictions while also honoring our country."

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Its weird. With how the Super Bowl went and all the drama this off-season I care less than I have in almost 20+ years about the Patriots.

Feel like something def is going on with Brady and BB. Feels like Brady is acting like a rebelling child and BB is the parent. Like Brady has been a well behaved athlete all these years and now he is nearing the end of his career he wants things done a certain way or to have fun and BB is against it.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Its weird. With how the Super Bowl went and all the drama this off-season I care less than I have in almost 20+ years about the Patriots.

Feel like something def is going on with Brady and BB. Feels like Brady is acting like a rebelling child and BB is the parent. Like Brady has been a well behaved athlete all these years and now he is nearing the end of his career he wants things done a certain way or to have fun and BB is against it.
The freshest take all off season.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Nick Wright is that you?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Didn’t Brady just announce on the Pats Instagram that he was going to be at TC early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad