2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He's doing some good things but he's also not doing enough. Could find himself sliding back down my list if he doesn't start flashing what I've seen this season.
Ive seen a lot of that from him all season, good but not enough, but then I caught a few games where he ripped lasers from the middle of the ice and split the defense, etc. The former happens a lot more, hes kinds frustrating.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Ive seen a lot of that from him all season, good but not enough, but then I caught a few games where he ripped lasers from the middle of the ice and split the defense, etc. The former happens a lot more, hes kinds frustrating.

Right there he shows why he's so good. Uses his speed. Steals the puck. Beautiful back hand feed into the slot and they almost scored.

And there's Hillis again. Who is definitely one of the best playmakers in the draft. Just a beautiful play there. Man. I really want him.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
And there you see why Noel will go high in the draft. He is toolsy but whether he puts it all together.. that remains to be seen.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Consistency and compete's been a bit of a problem all year long, but he really brought it down the stretch.

After Kotkaniemi, he's still the second best center this year as far as I'm concerned.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
What a pass by Hillis though. He's been dishing them. McShane too, but he'll top out as an AHLer if he doesn't improve those skating mechanics.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Consistency and compete's been a bit of a problem all year long, but he really brought it down the stretch.

After Kotkaniemi, he's still the second best center this year as far as I'm concerned.

Veleno has similar tools and drawbacks.

Kupari also has much better tools.

I dont think its as black and white.

Plus theres that Berggren kid, that I probably like more than any center not named Kotkaniemi.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Damnnnnnn thats a low blow coming from the guy whod prefer Miller to Wilde

I never said i prefer Miller over Wilde. No shit i'd pick Wilde over Miller but i'd rather pick Miller in the 2nd than Wilde with a high pick, it's just better value.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
na son i woulda picked Gruden ahead of like 3/4ths of the picks you made for MTL

dont talk to me about prospects when you dont watch the players that you pick in mock drafts

Lol who would you have taken Gruden over? Gruden is nothing special. He forechecks hard and smart. Ohhhh.

Is he better than Wahlstrom? Nope.
Sandin? Nope.
McLaughlin? Absolutely not.
Hillis? Nope. Hillis has more skill in his playmaking than Gruden does in his entire body.
Morozov? Nope. Great two way center. Does great things all over the ice and has skills.
Iskhakov? That's a gamble because of size but as far as pure talent goes. Gruden couldn't even lick his skate socks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad