2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread (Less then 24 Hours Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Wouldn't they just smoke-screen with Zadina if the plan is to trade down? There's no way to really know for sure but I'm assuming he's the more coveted by teams between him and Tkachuk.

I have a feeling Tkachuk is. I could see a team like Ottawa absolutely love him.

Not that I think this is a smokescreen. Tkachuk seems like the pick we'll make.

I've accepted it and at least we'll be getting a good player and not an awful bust like McCarron or Tinordi.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Initial post was about Farabee, as in player who's often ranked in the same range. You decided to shift goalposts to centers - which everyone knows is a weak class.

Explain how Hayton's more of a double-threat than Kravtsov, Farabee, Berggren. Go

So you can't construct a case for Dellandrea, Morozov, O'Brien. YOU said these guys are more "two-way street" on O than Hayton.

Have you forgotten that?

You have backed it up with exactly nothing.

No goalposts were shifted.

You said Hayton is "one-way street" on O. I called you on it, and that's it.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
So you can't construct a case for Dellandrea, Morozov, O'Brien. YOU said these guys are more "two-way street" on O than Hayton.

Have you forgotten that?

Or.. you can't back up your initial reply so you deflect. I think we're done here. Rankings said so anyways.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
You choked.

Next time, be careful not to make glib - as in laughable - statements you're not prepared to back up.
By the way, in all those posts you still haven't explained once how he isn't. You haven't brought one argument or example, you just stated it.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
By the way you still haven't explained how he isn't. Just saying.

Hayton was second line centre. He did not get anything near first line minutes until playoff time, and he got them because he had earned it.

The first line guy was a 100-point C and 2017 first-rounder, btw.

Hayton had 38 assists, and easily could have had more with better wingers, or more minutes.

He distributes the puck to a fault because he has a great shot and really should use it more.

I've seen him live several times. His offensive play simply doesn't equate to a player with tunnel vision.

That assessment is a joke.

He didn't grow into Hounds' best forward in the playoffs while sporting a major flaw.

I'll trust my eyes over your superficial assessment.

Last edited:
Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Hayton was second line centre. He did not get anything near first line minutes until playoff time, because he had earned it.

The first line guy was a 100-point C and 2017 first-rounder, btw.

Hayton had 38 assists, and easily could have had more with better wingers, or more minutes.

He distributes the puck to a fault because he has a great shot and really should use it more.

I've seen him live several times. His offensive play simply doesn't equate to a player with tunnel vision.

That assessment is a joke.

He didn't grow into Hounds' best forward in the playoffs while sporting a major flaw.

I'll trust my eyes over your superficial assessment.
He's actually a good passer and puck distributor but he lacks the high end vision and creativity to put him in that elite category. You'll see plays opening up for teammates where he'll instead decide to take defenders one-on-one or simply cut to the net.

Which in itself is not bad, I like that he's confident with the puck but before I put him in top 10 consideration, I'd want to see him show he can also slow the pace down and make those high end plays to teammates.

The fact you think I don't have Hayton in the 1st round because of what I said is laughable and just shows how quick you are to come to conclusions.

Last edited:

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
1. Dahlin

2. Svechnikov

3. Tkachuk
4. Kotkaniemi
5. Dobson

6. Zadina

7. Hughes
8. Wahlstrom
9. Boqvist
10. Bouchard
11. Hayton

12. Smith
13. Farabee
14. Kravtsov
15. Veleno
16. Kupari
17. Lundestrom

18. Wilde
19. Bokk
20. Denisenko
21. Thomas
22. Noel

23. MacLeod
24. Kaut
25. Sandin
26. Miller
27. Berggren
28. Dellandrea
29. Merkley

30. Olofsson
31. McIsaac

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Tkachuk and Barry would actually work really well together, IMO. I said the same thing about Tkachuk and Denisenko but Grigori's ranked a little too high for that to be a possibility.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
1. Dahlin

2. Svechnikov

3. Tkachuk
4. Kotkaniemi
5. Dobson

6. Zadina

7. Hughes
8. Wahlstrom
9. Boqvist
10. Bouchard
11. Hayton

12. Smith
13. Farabee
14. Kravtsov
15. Veleno
16. Kupari
17. Lundestrom

18. Wilde
19. Bokk
20. Denisenko
21. Thomas
22. Noel

23. MacLeod
24. Kaut
25. Sandin
26. Miller
27. Berggren
28. Dellandrea
29. Merkley

30. Olofsson
31. McIsaac

Seeing it separated like that, I could almost live with BT at 3 if we had talented offensive assets already in place, but we don't.

Reactions: NoQuinn

rabbit4949

Apr 1, 2013
I'd be even happier if the Sens then went off the board with Ivan Klankov at No. 4.
It is possible that Ottawa may go way off the board.With the Hoffman trade and possible Karlsson exit,they may pass this pick to Colorado. Even though no.4 is a good pick, Ottawa may be bad enough to get a much better pick next year with some serious high end talent available.

Reactions: BeliveauFan4ever

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Have you forgotten that?

I won't speak to Morozov or O'Brien, but Dellandrea is a complete center. His playmaking skills are excellent and so is his ability to score.

He played on a really shit team & still finished only one point behind Hayton & scored more goals. Meanwhile, Hayton played on the best offensive team in the OHL.

Dellandrea did everything for Flint. Hayton had support.

Hayton will go earlier than Dellandrea, but they're not that far apart.

Not sure why you're so gung-ho on Hayton. He's a good player, but I'd bet on Dellandrea becoming as good or a better two-way NHL center than Hayton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad