GDT: 2018 NHL Entry Draft l June 22nd & 23rd l "Don't screw this up, Avs!" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
wrong thread

I'm in this boat too. I've been a fan of Sakic the last year + and think he's been overall pretty savvy, but we made the playoffs, did way better against the Presidents trophy team than anyone expected...make some damn moves to improve this team like all the other big name teams do. Sakic can't be afraid to make the big moves. I'm not talking all in moves like a true contender would do but we have too many picks, cap space, and promise to just sit back laurels/yannys. (@UncleRisto ).

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Don't ask. I bought a six pack yesterday before the trip to the sea side, and earlier today ran into some mates I haven't seen in a long time so we downed some White Russians remeniscing of good old times. Man tommorow's Ivan is going to hate my guts.

I figured it was in celebration of Dzanan Musa being a 1st round pick.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I figured it was in celebration of Dzanan Musa being a 1st round pick.
Oy, the kid is Bosnian not Croat!

I kid, I kid. Love the guy, awesome scorer for Cedevita. I drink to celebrate beating the Argies, Vlade being dumb enough to pass on the new Dražen, NHL draft and being off work for four days. And the Musa thing as well of course.

Reactions: Avs_19

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, but I'm so sick of hearing this every year. I want to make a splash every once in awhile. Tired of hearing the better teams always making moves to get better or to move up or whatever it may be.
Not that long ago we made splashes with ROR and Dutch. I know one wasn’t at the draft but I’m okay with a period of calm.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I am way more Zen about the draft this year than last. I was on edge all day last year, this year I feel really confident we'll get a good player at 16 with a ton of options.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'd be disappointed if Veleno doesn't fall to us. Maybe I'm setting myself for disappointment.
Veleno would really feel like a top 10 pick to me. I'm higher on him than I was on Jost.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I'm in this boat too. I've been a fan of Sakic the last year + and think he's been overall pretty savvy, but we made the playoffs, did way better against the Presidents trophy team than anyone expected...make some damn moves to improve this team like all the other big name teams do. Sakic can't be afraid to make the big moves. I'm not talking all in moves like a true contender would do but we have too many picks, cap space, and promise to just sit back laurels/yannys. (@UncleRisto ).

I agree and id be surprised if they didnt trade one of their pics this year.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think people have started to underrate Veleno just because he's had so many expectations put on him from a young age.

Also what he did in Drummondville after the trade didn't bump his stock nearly as much as it should have (greater PPG than Zadina). It's almost like they were done scouting him at the time of the trade.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Merkley is interesting. He’s dropped because of attitude problems right?

I'd be SHOCKED if Merkley is taken in the first round, maybe near the end to a team like NYR but I don't think many teams are messing with that, and certainly not a team like the Avs who already have all the puck moving D they could ever need for the next few years.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think people have started to underrate Veleno just because he's had so many expectations put on him from a young age. Think he may be a steal if he drops to the Avs/

I see him being the Barzal of this draft. I don’t think he’ll be as good as Barzal but I could see something like that happening.

Reactions: Balthazar
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I see him being the Barzal of this draft. I don’t think he’ll be as good as Barzal but I could see something like that happening.

I'm kinda in the same boat. I think he'll turn out to be a very good 2way C for someone. I actually think he'd fit in really well here, wouldn't have to be a primary offensive option with MacK around, already has a pretty good 2way game and a dedication to playing that way.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm kinda in the same boat. I think he'll turn out to be a very good 2way C for someone. I actually think he'd fit in really well here, wouldn't have to be a primary offensive option with MacK around, already has a pretty good 2way game and a dedication to playing that way.

Also he was 6'1 194lb at the combine. Already has the perfect size for a 2-way, 2C in the NHL.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Veleno has an underrated playmaking game too. I feel like his lack of flash is hurting his stock some, along with a fair bit of overscouting. I still think he goes to NYI though with one of their picks.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Please, draft Euro guy

angel-emoticon-vector-6147589.jpg

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Add in Kravtsov and that's me. I'd be okay with K'Andre Miller if they thought he had a good chance of fulfilling his potential cause that kid has a ton of gifts.

If any team is in the position to give him the time he needs to develop it is probably the Avs. By the time he is ready to break in he could be EJs replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad