Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Entry Draft - Hawks picking 8 and 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The Big 10 is not garbage. I have no problem saying Boqvist has a higher ceiling but he also has a higher bust factor. Both players are similar in a lot ways but Hughes is more proven and is a safer pick. Hughes still has a tremendous amount of upside as well.

The Big 10 is a step below NCHC and Hockey East. The Big 10 has improved but the CCHA and WCHA days were much better.

I never said Hughes was a bad pick, I just think that if you have choice between AB and QH you take Boqvist.

Last edited:

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
wow

DCat came in 10th in rookie of the year voting

DgLOcGNVAAArciu.jpg

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Oilers are willing to move the 10th pick....what does it take to get it?

Edit: They need D. 27th pick, Murphy/Rutta, and a prospect?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
New episode of On The Clock is out. It's very insightful. They interviewed prospects in this one.

The highlight being this:

Mark Kelley: At the worlds, who was your locker next to?
Quinn Hughes: We had two locker rooms, at the start it was Kane. He was unbelievable to me.
Mark Kelley: What did he tell you?
Quinn Hughes: I told him, "try to get me drafted to the Hawks". That's basically what I told him. He said, "Yeah I'm trying".

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiHawks10

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
They might.

Wahlstrom/BT at 8 and Boqvist at 10....the dream.

I mean if they would do #27 and Murphy for the #10, Hawks should be all over it IMO

the extra cap space for the summer + if they move Hossas contract would allow them to be major FA players

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I mean if they would do #27 and Murphy for the #10, Hawks should be all over it IMO

the extra cap space for the summer + if they move Hossas contract would allow them to be major FA players

Murphy is a top 4 D who plays both sides. I like him as a player but if you can get the 10th pick you do it.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Murphy is a top 4 D who plays both sides. I like him as a player but if you can get the 10th pick you do it.

Quenneville is the x factor here. He clearly has reservations about him. If you can clear him and his cap to get the 10OA, you could probably use that same cap space to obtain someone who fits the system better (whatever that will be come fall) in FA and someone Q will properly utilize and give ice time to

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Quenneville is the x factor here. He clearly has reservations about him. If you can clear him and his cap to get the 10OA, you could probably use that same cap space to obtain someone who fits the system better (whatever that will be come fall) in FA and someone Q will properly utilize and give ice time to

His reservation is him being a dumbass. Him being Q.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I'm not so sure where the dislike is,it was there from Q Murphy's first 20 games but he actually adjusted after that. But its not like he was thriving in Arizona either. The WC play being well beyond his nhl play was the same this year as the past 2-3.

But if we saw a Murphy draft pick trade I'd start thinking a Van Reimesdyke reunion was on the horizon.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
His reservation is him being a dumbass. Him being Q.

Completely agree but gotta figure out how to make the head coach and the roster construction work

Stan is far from some wunderkind, but Q has forced his hand on several roster moves. The way he never fully trusted Leddy or cut him lose is all on Q and led to Stan making the decision to move him knowing Q wasnt the biggest advocate and would ever properly use him. Then the Daley and Kempny debacles. The return that Stan got for Daley was 100% on him, but it was never going to be good given he had to find a non existent market for him quick. I just see Murphy heading down the same path with Q

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Q was content playing Daley in #5 slot which was proper role as he was not good with Hawks

Stanley didn't have to cave into Daley demand. The Daley situation was 100% on Stanley from beginning to end

Enrico Ciccone

May 7, 2018
Canada
wow

DCat came in 10th in rookie of the year voting

DgLOcGNVAAArciu.jpg
Do you guys think Pete Chiarelli attended the awards? I think I would have been at a bar getting annihilated (probably still be there actually).

No matter what you think about Stan, and there are many on here that complain no matter what he does or who is selected tomorrow, he is no where close to as bad as some other GMs.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Do you guys think Pete Chiarelli attended the awards? I think I would have been at a bar getting annihilated (probably still be there actually).

No matter what you think about Stan, and there are many on here that complain no matter what he does or who is selected tomorrow, he is no where close to as bad as some other GMs.

Stan’s a really solid GM. Sucks that one year has somehow changed that view. Last year was a product of Crawford being hurt and Q not managing his roster properly. I’m also convinced Q still has a lot of sway in the organization and there are a lot more cooks in the kitchen than just Stan.

As long as they stay out of Mark Kelley’s way the org should never be in terrible shape given how well he has drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad