GDT: 2018 NHL Draft

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
We're getting svech, that's a given. The question is, who are we getting with our skinner pick?

If there is a "Skinner pick", I'm going to guess Kaut or Kuperi. Not because I know anything about any of those guys or anyone else in that range, just because they are the names that keep coming up by Canes HF fans. :laugh:

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Get that negativity out of here. Today is one of the few positive days in the last 9 years, so just enjoy it.
tenor.gif

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015

Could do worse than Anderson. Work him into a Karlsson deal and baby you got a stew goin.

He’s 37, and had a .898sv% last year. I’d be hesitant to bring him in at his age + plus his 2 years at $4.75M. Though he was on a dumpster fire of a team last year, but had some really good seasons before last.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Ehhhhh he wasn’t much better than Darling this year and he’s 37. Sure, it’s Ottawa but he’s not the answer

Absolutely not the long-term answer at 37. But could be a decent 1-2 year stopgap. All depends on the options out there. If I could, I’d trade Hanifin++ for Vasilevski or another surefire young #1G. At the end of the day the Canes need an option for next year that isn’t Darling/Ward. Anderson, Mrazek, Lehner, Hutton, etc. don’t sound fun but unfortunately those are largely the options. At least Anderson is cost controlled. I can’t stomach going Grubauer or any one of those UFAs a 3+ year deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad