GDT: 2018 NHL Draft

Who do the Canucks choose: Dobson or Boqvist?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
A bunch of good options at 37, though I'd personally take a center or defenseman (but I may make an exception for Berggren).

Wingers

Berggren
Hallander
Nordgren
Noel

Centers
Wise
Gustafsson
McLeod
Thomas

Defensemen
Addison
M. Samuelsson
Woo (possible concussions)
Durzi
Tychonick

Last edited:

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
A bunch of good options at 37, though I'd personally take a center or defenseman.

Wingers

Berggren
Hallander
Nordgren
Noel

Centers
Wise
Gustafsson
McLeod
Thomas

Defensemen
Addison
M. Samuelsson

I agree. You nailed all the players I want. McLeod/Thomas up front, or Samuelsson/Addison on D. Tychonick to a lesser degree, but I'd take all four of those guys ahead of him.

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
A bunch of good options at 37, though I'd personally take a center or defenseman.

Wingers

Berggren
Hallander
Nordgren
Noel

Centers
Wise
Gustafsson
McLeod
Thomas

Defensemen
Addison
M. Samuelsson
Durzi

Add Tychonick to the D list, actually I think he's tops in my book thats still available.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Still a lot of solid picks available tomorrow, hoping we draft another dman

Does anyone know what time the selections are made?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Interesting day.

Islanders and Rangers are big winners. Ottawa continues to be a big loser - reach on Tkachuk and then trade down from Miller to a Tier II project. Dellandrea can't skate and I don't like that pick for Dallas. And why the hell didn't SJ trade down?!?

Really liked Alexeyev, was hoping for him with our 2nd. Nice pick for Washington.

Reactions: jd22

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I think we take Woo at 37th
Decent player plus he even has a Chinese name, it can be a semi marketing pick consider the amount of second generation Chinese fans in Van

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I like Woo with our third. Don't really want to risk with a second round pick with all of these other guys on the board.

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
Goes to show what having extra picks in the first round can do for you -- Islanders, Wings, and Rangers all had an excellent day.

That said, I am pretty intrigued by the Canuck's pick. There are still some glaring holes in the prospect pool, but the future is going to be fun to watch on offense.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Should have traded up to grab Veleno. This is why we talk about stockpiling draft picks, so you have the currency available to do trades like that.

With what’s left, I’d be happy with Jake Wise or Akil Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad