2018 NHL Draft Prospects

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Wise, Walsh, Wahlstrom, Wilde and Nelson. Another great year for Americans.

"The four Ws" - are scary good right now. Walsh lit it up playing up against good 99s last weekend and the other three are off the charts already. Throw Brady Tkachuk, Jake Pivonka, Jake Goldowski, Gavin Hain, John Drury, K'Andre Miller Mattias Samuelsson, Jack Deboer, Blade Jenkins, Shea Courtmanche, plenty of other guys that are just too young to figure out.. etc etc etc - there's going to be some players in this group.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
"The four Ws" - are scary good right now. Walsh lit it up playing up against good 99s last weekend and the other three are off the charts already. Throw Brady Tkachuk, Jake Pivonka, Jake Goldowski, Gavin Hain, John Drury, K'Andre Miller Mattias Samuelsson, Jack Deboer, Blade Jenkins, Shea Courtmanche, plenty of other guys that are just too young to figure out.. etc etc etc - there's going to be some players in this group.

Is Akil Thomas still considered a high end prospect?

Eugene85

Jan 25, 2010
Russia
They say Andrey Svechnikov is way more talented than his elder brother, who is going to be picked in the 1st round this draft.
I don't like all that hype stuff but his numbers are... quite not bad I would say. That's what I found:
Last year(2014-2015) he played 16 games with guys year older than him, there he had 21g+16a. 22 games with kids of his age and scored 50g+32a. The last tournament he played he had 15g+11a in 6 games. Not to mention his last year's(2014) World selects performance where he had 23g+17a in 9 games. An intriguing prospect, I believe.

Last edited:

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
Heard some good thing about goalie Zachary Bouthillier. Not a top prospect, but still promising. Played behind a really bad team in midget this year, witch explain his bad W/L ratio, but had a better SV% than recent 2nd rounder Zachary Fucale and Philippe Desrosiers in the same league at the same age.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I don't like all that hype stuff but his numbers are... quite not bad I would say. That's what I found:
Last year(2014-2015) he played 16 games with guys year older than him, there he had 21g+16a. 22 games with kids of his age and scored 50g+32a. The last tournament he played he had 15g+11a in 6 games. Not to mention his last year's(2014) World selects performance where he had 23g+17a in 9 games. An intriguing prospect, I believe.

Btw where does he play?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
According to most, the 00-class looks very promising from a Swedish perspective. Players like....

Adam Boqvist
Filip Hasa
Rasmus Dahlin
Linus Skager
Samuel Fagemo
Dennis Finn Olsson
Lukas Wernblom
Oskar Bäck
Carl Jakobsson
Nikola Pasic
William Magnusson

...all have very good stats for their age.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Why IFK Helsinki prospect, Niklas Nordgren isn't named that list.
He's eligible 2018 NHL draft, just like Jesse Ylönen.

Past season ( 2014-2015) Nordgren played 25 regular season games, in IFK Helsinki U16 challenger team.
And scored 104 points (4,16 PPG).

Lists like those are pretty pointless. Everyone is clueless when it comes to ranking players that young coming from so many different leagues/places.

hockey38

Jun 16, 2014
Cream always rises to the top

Jake Wise with 15 points in 5 games - leading u15 camp in scoring by a bunch.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Why IFK Helsinki prospect, Niklas Nordgren isn't named that list.
He's eligible 2018 NHL draft, just like Jesse Ylönen.

Past season ( 2014-2015) Nordgren played 25 regular season games, in IFK Helsinki U16 challenger team.
And scored 104 points (4,16 PPG).

You are right. My contacts have offered NN as a player to list. I am waiting for more information to surface publicly. It is very hard to confirm some junior league info.

Also, these lists aren't rankings. Hundreds of prospects are considered each year for the draft. Specifically speaking of the DraftBuzz Watch lists, it is a rough guide of what prospects are hitting certain milestones and have placed themselves in historically advantageous scenarios (be it leagues, showcases/tournaments, drafts, college commitments). Some may be top ten picks, some may never be drafted at all.

The purpose of the lists are to constantly update and track, and funnel these lists into scrutinized rankings starting the summer before their draft year.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
Other talented Minnesotan's to mention

Blake McClaughlin F
Devlin McCabe F
Keegan Karki G

A few to add with J. Nelson, K. Miller and G. Hain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad