2018 NHL Draft Prospects

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010
Lets not forget Ryan McLeod, David Levin, Bode Wilde, Ty Smith, Philipp Kurashev, Jett Woo, Ryan Merkley, Evan Bouchard, Gabriel Fortier.

member 96824

Jake Wise is the name a lot of local scouts in Massachusetts are talking about, reminds me a little of the hype that Hanifin/Eichel were getting at the same age.

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
2016 is going to be another excellent draft year that will create a lot of buzz & hype with Auston Matthews leading the way

SchennSational1022*

Honestly, I feel 2013 will end up being a better draft than this years.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Veleno's stats don't look impressive to me. What am I missing?

He had around the same stats as Drouin did and he was a year younger. Combine that with being over 6'0 already and looking elite among the best 99 born players at Canada games.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
He had around the same stats as Drouin did and he was a year younger. Combine that with being over 6'0 already and looking elite among the best 99 born players at Canada games.

Seems Veleno did poorly in the playoff as well.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Jesus, Jaxon Nelson's stats are impressive. This whole draft looks good

Also, can't forget about Deep Bodalia :sarcasm:

Silentjury

Apr 19, 2014
Jesus, Jaxon Nelson's stats are impressive. This whole draft looks good

Also, can't forget about Deep Bodalia :sarcasm:

I do think Nelson has the potential to be a special player but those stats are a bit inflated with the weaker competition he faces in southern Minnesota.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
HIFK Helsinki winger prospect Niklas Nordgren, could be big name in 2018 NHL draft.
Season 2014-2015 Nordgren played 31 regular season games, in HIFK C2 juniors (U15 team) and scored 119 points ( 56 goals + 63 assists= 3,83 PPG).

Nordgren is a smart right-handed winger that handles the puck smoothly and makes accurate passes.
He’s difficult to contain in the corners because he moves very well laterally.

Nordgren is a good finisher, particularly thanks to having an effective slap shot.
A very heady player with nice instincts in all three zones.

Only issue with Nordgren is his size Nordgren is right now 166cm tall.
He has 3 years time to develop and grew up and get more weight

Also Nordgren was top scorer ( 7+4= 11 points in 6 games) and all-star line up forward in 2015 Pohjola camp.

Last edited:

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
They say Andrey Svechnikov is way more talented than his elder brother, who is going to be picked in the 1st round this draft.

I've heard that too and that saying something. Evgeny is very talented so cant wait to hear more about Andrei.

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
IFK Helsinki winger prospect Niklas Nordgren could be big name in 2018 NHL draft.
Season 2014-2015 Nordgren played 25 regular season games in IFK's U16 challenger team and scored 104 points ( 4,16 PPG)

Nordgren is Mikael Granlund type player and he must improve a lot his physical abilities,and of course everything basic skills and frames.
If he wants to be NHL player.

Only issue with Nordgren is his size Nordgren is right now only 161cm tall.
He has 3 years time to develop and grew up and get more weight

Actually Nordgren looked taller to me this past season, I'd say he's closer to 170 cm at the moment. Could be a solid prospect for this draft, though. Has great hands, puck control in close to set up plays, but can also finish. Plus I have heard that he may already play for their U18 team next season.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Actually Nordgren looked taller to me this past season, I'd say he's closer to 170 cm at the moment. Could be a solid prospect for this draft, though. Has great hands, puck control in close to set up plays, but can also finish. Plus I have heard that he may already play for their U18 team next season.

Nordgren is 15 yrs old right now, so i don't know can he play IFK U18 team next season.
Of course it's good if he could play with older players and became better player every season.

Development isn't issue for Nordgren, he's getting excellent individual coahing in IFK Helsinki.
I don't know have heard this but IFK Helsinki has made big changes their junior work.

Former Finnish pro hockey player and Finland's former national team captain Ville Peltonen works right now with IFK Helsinki juniors.
He's assistant coach in IFK U20 junior team and also he's director of junior coaching in IFK Helsinki.

Peltonen's responsibility area is individual coaching with young forward prospects.
And Nordgren is one those prospects who belongs that group.

Let's see how well Nordgren develops before 2018 NHL draft.
And when he gets more height and weight he could be solid TOP10 prospect into 2018 NHL draft.
3 years is long time in develope for hockey prospects and anything can happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad