Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Completely agree about that post being out-of-line.
I only ask for a couple things when I get into a debate with someone: if you respond to my post, try to address a few of my points, and don't just ignore everything I wrote to go off on some diatribe; and if you insult me (which I can handle fine!) do it in a response to me directly, and not in a response to someone else that I may not see. Otherwise, it's all good. I was enjoying my back-and-forth with @The New Russian Five, but then there are some other people I can't even respond to at this point.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Well, it would be foolish to think the fault lies with just one party

The fault, if you want to call it a fault, lies with Kravtsov and his management team. That's it. He got sent to Hartford, he didn't want to be there and bolted back to Russia. It's really not that complicated.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
i have no inside information at all, but my gut suspicion is he yielded (too easily) to talk from others, perhaps family or friends, perhaps his KHL team, perhaps his agent, to bail so soon

another couple weeks, the injuries and callups (and effort and coaching) would have opened up the icetime currently going to McBride, Dmowski, Newell, Meskanen, LZG, etc

Ville Heinola did the same thing to Winnipeg and most Europeans this age return to Europe instead of going to the AHL.

Maybe there is some mafia in Europe forcing them to do it? Anyone know if someone have looked into that angle? Or could UFOs have a finger in it?

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Just remember, I trademarked Kraptsov the night of the 2018 draft.

Dafuq, I trademarked that. I even specifically made a comment at the time saying it was trademarked.

C'mon bruh, don't go Thomas Edison on me here.

E- this is tongue in cheek, though I am pretty sure I came up with it. I cannot abide people thinking that I used "bruh" unironically.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I'm pretty sure they tried hard to move up to get Pettersson from what I've heard.

Yeah, and talked about someone that bailed. Refused to sign with Vancouver in D+1 and took a short cut and played in the SHL instead. Thank god we didn’t get that done!!!

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The fault, if you want to call it a fault, lies with Kravtsov and his management team. That's it. He got sent to Hartford, he didn't want to be there and bolted back to Russia. It's really not that complicated.

Sure, but let's not pretend the Rangers organization isn't to blame here. They rushed him. They have 0 patience with prospects lately

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Sure, but let's not pretend the Rangers organization isn't to blame here. They rushed him. They have 0 patience with prospects lately
He seemed more than eager to come over here. I don't think it took much arm-twisting to get him to sign. You can say that they should have known he wasn't ready, but we don't even know if that was really the case given that he didn't stick it out.

If it's fair to say the Rangers rushed him, then it's also fair to say he rushed himself. I can't recall a prospect sounding that gung-ho about signing a deal and coming over.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
He decided to sign. He felt and said he was ready. Turns out he wasn’t and got cut, which is understandable at his age and experience level. Then he went to back Russia which I don’t think is ideal but isn’t the end of the world. But now he’s struggling to get ice time there. That’s potentially a very big problem and it’s not the Rangers fault in any way.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Seriously though, a hockey player is the sum of his skills. Kravy was talented 12 months ago and is still talented. Don’t know what more there is to care about. I don’t know why we worry about Kravtsov?

Stats are stats. A player isn’t his stats. Stop looking at them.

All players have ups and downs. Duclair is doing well in Ottawa now. He was good in the NHL after pwning the Q,, then he he was completely worthless when he went back to the Q and was a healthy scratch in the QMJHL.

Relax a little! ;)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He seemed more than eager to come over here. I don't think it took much arm-twisting to get him to sign. You can say that they should have known he wasn't ready, but we don't even know if that was really the case given that he didn't stick it out.

If it's fair to say the Rangers rushed him, then it's also fair to say he rushed himself. I can't recall a prospect sounding that gung-ho about signing a deal and coming over.

That doesn't make it the right decision

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey

Yeah, let’s not forget this is a kid who wanted to be here right after he was drafted too

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
IMO Kravtsov is the epitome of the modern child. They have never faced adversity ( that's not a knock on him, just the reality ) and do not know how to deal with it.

We, as a society, for some reason, protect our young from failure... Ironically, causing them to fail down the road and hindering that development to a later date... ie Arrested Development. This isn't a knock on one person or a particular group of people. It's a 1st world epidemic IMO. The 'everyone is a winner' and 'you cant hurt my feelings even though its true' culture. Everything is easy and constant.

I hope he matures quicker than I did.....

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019

I agree with this. Really the fault lies somewhere in between the organization and the player. Really unfortunate how things shook out, but also not the end of the world.

Reactions: nyr2k2

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
"Smartest men in the room"

This is a prospect I'd think about dangling in order to bring in an established but young NHL vet.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
i have no inside information at all, but my gut suspicion is he yielded (too easily) to talk from others, perhaps family or friends, perhaps his KHL team, perhaps his agent, to bail so soon

another couple weeks, the injuries and callups (and effort and coaching) would have opened up the icetime currently going to McBride, Dmowski, Newell, Meskanen, LZG, etc
Mm. I've been mainly focused on the pressures of being 19 half a world away from his family, but this would make a lot of sense too...

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Dafuq, I trademarked that. I even specifically made a comment at the time saying it was trademarked.

C'mon bruh, don't go Thomas Edison on me here.

E- this is tongue in cheek, though I am pretty sure I came up with it. I cannot abide people thinking that I used "bruh" unironically.
Guess we need to go back to the draft thread:sarcasm:

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019

I don't understand how the rushed him. Do you think he should have not come over at all this summer and just stayed in Russia for the season? Rushing him would have been giving him a spot with the team that he wasn't ready for. This seems like the complete opposite.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Oh my, how many of you were singing a different tune last year. Now that there is a speed bump we need to trade Kravtsov and our GM and scouts are idiots. :banghead:

Matt Boldy is 1+1 for 2 pts in 13 games in COLLEGE. Imagine if we drafted him...

Kravy have been forced to eat liquid foot for a while after having his mouth messed up and is struggling some after an eventful stretch. The KHL is a good league. Give him a little break.

I agree with Kreiderman. Management have also had way to little patience with these kids. Both Lias and Chytil were rushed over D+1. That is very unusual.

Looking at other teams, it’s impossible to not learn that in the big picture — developing kids are 5-6 year process. Sure there are exceptions. But in other cases kids have great D+2-3 seasons and then take a step back a few years. Look at Skinner for example. Laine.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I don't understand how the rushed him. Do you think he should have not come over at all this summer and just stayed in Russia for the season? Rushing him would have been giving him a spot with the team that he wasn't ready for. This seems like the complete opposite.

Honestly, if you ask any expert in Europe, who see all European prospects closely and how they develop when they stay a few years or when they go over early, I think you will struggle to find ONE who wouldn’t say that 3-4 years after the draft is optimal for a kid. If you poll 100 experts, I think 100 would say no earlier then 21-22 is optimal.

The AHL is in no shape or form a ‘development’ league. You play way to many games and travel way to much to have time for that. It’s a league that is great at turning finished products into NHLers.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

I wanted him to stay in Russia for at least another year. The Tarasenko/Kuznetsov path was always the one I preferred. I didn't see any reason to sign him so soon. It's not as if he was done developing in the KHL. I know the situation with contracts and that they wouldn't be able to sign him until he's a KHL free agent again but it's not like we are a small market team struggling to convince players to come over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad