GDT: 2018 NHL Draft | June 22nd @ 7pm est

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Eh.... Trent Mann insisted they grab him instead of trading back again, I love that stuff. The scouts were high on this kid and didn't want to lose him, and when you trust your scouting staff, Mann in particular, this is the type of situation that you want to happen, rather then constantly trading back because you don't really like anyone enough.

Kid looks real promising, and we got a mid second as well. As a fan it was an awesome first round of warm and fuzzies for me!

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Eh.... Trent Mann insisted they grab him instead of trading back again, I love that stuff. The scouts were high on this kid and didn't want to lose him, and when you trust your scouting staff, Mann in particular, this is the type of situation that you want to happen, rather then constantly trading back because you don't really like anyone enough.

Kid looks real promising, and we got a mid second as well. As a fan it was an awesome first round of warm and fuzzies for me!
He is why i have some faith ,I think this guy knows his stuff,his last few draft picks have looked pretty good

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I read a post or two criticizing Dorion for listening to his scouts in regard to the trade down, I don't think that's out of the ordinary. If Bryan Murray vetoed Dorion who was his scout at the time, we would have not traded up to take Karlsson. It's a similar situation here, at some point teams have to trust their scouts when they say the risk of trading down isn't worth it. Even when STL traded up, it was likely prompted by their scouts telling them that Bokk was their last man left in that tier.

If I recall, there was talk of MTL moving up, maybe they wanted Veleno? If so, we'd probably have had to drop to 35 at the earliest.

If TOR didn't beat us to it, maybe we could have dropped down to 29.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Anyone have a suggestion for the best up-to-date draft ticker that I should follow?

Working today :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad