Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
cut.jpg

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I really want a Rasmus.

Also, if we do end up taking Tkachuk as I suspect we will, I just hope we aren't passing on Zadina.

Last edited:

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I want the best player in the draft, preferably one that can play tomorrow. So I'm thinking it's either Hughes or Tkachuck.

I think we'll pass on Zadina.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I’m going with Dobson at 4 and one of Bokk, Lundestrom or Kaut at 22. Those are my guesses.

I want Wahlstrom at 4 personally but I understand I am most likely alone on that one. Perfect scenario for me is Wahlstrom at 4 and Sandin at 22.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I wish I was more confident in Kotkaniemi. Seems to be a real wild card in all this.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
We trade down from 22 for a late first and a second or for two seconds. That’s my only prediction.

Reactions: Daffy
Oct 10, 2010
Anybody but Tkachuk thanks.

Zadina and if he's not available i am hoping for Dobson.

What will happen? We'll choose the most ready D-man in the draft to help replace Karlsson next year is my guess.

Reactions: Sensung and Uchiha

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
We trade down from 22 for a late first and a second or for two seconds. That’s my only prediction.

Montreal have 4 second rounders and are reportedly looking to pick up another first. 22 for 35 and 38 is a good deal for us, and probably for them too given that they would still make two 2nd round picks.

As for our picks:

What we do with our first choice is probably highly dependent on what the Habs do before us. I don't think we're seriously considering Kotkaniemi - this dog and pony show with him today is more about bluffing the Habs and forcing them into taking him at 3. With goalscoring likely to be at such a premium for us going forward I think Zadina is our preferred choice. If the Habs were to take him before us I think that's a situation where you could see the Sens look to move down a few spots [probably to take Evan Bouchard] and pick up some more assets.

The second pick is probably much more likely to be traded in a effort to re-stock our pick coffers. If they make a choice here it's likely to be a safe, projectable sort of player. Jared McIsaac, Ty Dellandrea, and Rasmus Sandin seem like logical bets to me. Serron Noel or Joel Farabee if they're still on the board.

Overall I expect a risk averse strategy - in one of those draft hype videos that the Sens put out in recent days a few of the scouts straight up say that they have to hit on these picks. Homerun swings would be shocking to me.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Montreal have 4 second rounders and are reportedly looking to pick up another first. 22 for 35 and 38 is a good deal for us, and probably for them too given that they would still make two 2nd round picks.

Maybe I'm way off on value, but 22 to 35 seems like a pretty big drop, I'd want a 3rd pick (maybe a 3rd rounder) in there as well before I'd feel comfortable with that. I guess it depends who's left and how much we like them, though.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I’m going with Dobson at 4 and one of Bokk, Lundestrom or Kaut at 22. Those are my guesses.

I want Wahlstrom at 4 personally but I understand I am most likely alone on that one. Perfect scenario for me is Wahlstrom at 4 and Sandin at 22.

You're not the only one, I'd love Wahlstrom.

Mathieu

Aug 28, 2010
I'm hoping for Tkachuk but if he's not there at 4 I would take Hugues or Bouchard.

Not a fan of Zadina personally.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
A big no to Bovqist or Bouchard. Anyone else in the top 3-9 grouping is ok...I guess.

If the hockey gods could show us some mercy and let Svechnikov drop to us, i'd be most happy.

Reactions: robsenz and branch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->