NFL: 2018 NFL News & Notes discussion thread

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Garrett sticks out like sore thumb on that top line

Jerry of old wouldn't have tolerated a coach with just 1 postseason win but then again no one can kiss Jerry's ass like Jason

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

I like how the tweet says '29 years later' when it took Landry the same amount of time.

Jones ruined the best thing he had, which was Jimmy Johnson. Switzer won for a bit with Johnson's team, but was f***ing horrible towards the end. The rest were crap in Dallas, despite Parcells and Phillips being great elsewhere.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
The average length of a QB's career is 3 years.

The only 2 lefty QB HoFers are Stabler and Young.

Last edited:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
If Raiders do not renew lease with Oakland, is it crazy to suggest they should play last year at Bay at Avaya Stadium, where Quakes play?
In a soccer stadium that seats less than 20k? Yes.

If they can't somehow get a deal with Oakland they could try and share Levi's with SF, or ask colleges like Cal, Stanford, SJ St about renting their stadium. Despite being unsure on how practical each scenario is, they're all better options than playing at Avaya.

Reactions: Voight

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
As a Rams fan living in LA, I really wish the Raiders would've moved here and not the Chargers. They have an actual history, and reigniting the Rams-Raiders rivalry would be a lot of fun. No one here cares about the Chargers lol.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, the Chargers really seem to be an outlier in L.A. I wonder if they stay in L.A. long term or not? I really don't see it.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
As a Rams fan living in LA, I really wish the Raiders would've moved here and not the Chargers. They have an actual history, and reigniting the Rams-Raiders rivalry would be a lot of fun. No one here cares about the Chargers lol.

It seemed like the Raiders were only willing to move to LA if it was with the Chargers. Once Kronke's plan to move the Rams to LA won over most of the owners, that seemed to be the end of the Raiders' interest in going there.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
It seemed like the Raiders were only willing to move to LA if it was with the Chargers. Once Kronke's plan to move the Rams to LA won over most of the owners, that seemed to be the end of the Raiders' interest in going there.

And the chargers actually have a passionate fanbase in san diego

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I like how the tweet says '29 years later' when it took Landry the same amount of time.

Jones ruined the best thing he had, which was Jimmy Johnson. Switzer won for a bit with Johnson's team, but was ****ing horrible towards the end. The rest were crap in Dallas, despite Parcells and Phillips being great elsewhere.

The best thing he originally had was Landry.

Johnson built that dynasty and it kills me to this day that he fired him.

I think the league wanted the Chargers there more the Raiders and Tsar Goodell always gets hi way.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
In a soccer stadium that seats less than 20k? Yes.

If they can't somehow get a deal with Oakland they could try and share Levi's with SF, or ask colleges like Cal, Stanford, SJ St about renting their stadium. Despite being unsure on how practical each scenario is, they're all better options than playing at Avaya.
What campus is going to want to be invaded by 50k Raiders fans?

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Probably a bit of an exaggeration , but it's good to see my boy's arm is shutting people up.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
The Vikings are 0 for 5 in FG attempts vs the Packers this season. *They're 1 for 6 now.

Last edited:

member 157595

What kind of cap hit (if any) would the Jaguars feel if they released Bortles after this year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad