NFL: 2018 NFL News & Notes discussion thread

Elvis P

U aint nothin but a hound dog cryin all the time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The 4-5 Eagles have several DBs injured (Darby is out for the year) and are @ the Saints and they have to play @ the Rams. The 4-5 Cowboys are @ the Falcons so they are in a better position at the moment.

Baker Mayfield should star in the Top Gun remake, because he's in the Danger Zone. The Browns have the 11th pick and the Titans are out of the playoffs at the moment. The Bengals have the tiebreaker. They have a better conference record (3-2) than the Titans (3-4).

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dallas should win the division. Helps they have a road win

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The 4-5 Eagles have several DBs injured (Darby is out for the year) and are @ the Saints and they have to play @ the Rams. The 4-5 Cowboys are @ the Falcons so they are in a better position at the moment.
The Cowboys need to win the division to get in. Wild card gets tough. Not just because of getting enough wins but because they aren't doing well in the head to head tiebreaker against probably wild card candidates.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I think Washington wins it. They already played the Saints. Their toughest game left is this Sunday against the Texans.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Baker Mayfield should star in the Top Gun remake, because he's in the Danger Zone. The Browns have the 11th pick and the Titans are out of the playoffs at the moment. The Bengals have the tiebreaker. They have a better conference record (3-2) than the Titans (3-4).
Yeah, multiple injuries to 1 group will kill a team. Especially for extended periods of time.

Elvis P

U aint nothin but a hound dog cryin all the time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I love Dion Lewis' comments. They're funny and true. Name one free agent RB that Belicick has ever paid well.

I'm sure a QB (such as Brees (1 INT!), Goff, Mahomes, or Rivers) will win the MVP, but I like Gurley.

Last edited:

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I love Dion Lewis' comments. They're funny and true. Name one free agent RB that Belicick has ever paid well.

I'm sure a QB (such as Brees (1 INT!), Goff, Mahomes, or Rivers) will win the MVP, but I like Gurley.

burkhead twice

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Yeah, but can they have that game in Los Angeles right now? If nothing else, the air quality is supposed to be something like 200 points above dangerous.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Good move by the NFL. I really do not understand how the people who run Azteca Stadium could allow something like this to happen. They knew when this game was going to be played ages ago......did they not think about making sure they did not do anything to risk losing it they way they did? I mean it's not the 1st time they have hosted an NFL game so they should have been aware of all the do's & don'ts to make sure nothing like this would jeopardize the game.

Reactions: m9

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
The only reason anybody ever mentions Eli as a possible HOFer is because he has two rings, which to me is the best argument against QBs being judged on their rings.

Eli's career completion percentage is barely above 60%. His career passer rating is 84. He led the league in interceptions three times.

And if you're into the whole "wins are a good measure of a QB" thing, his W-L % as a QB is only three games over .500.

If not for the two Super Bowls, he'd be Andy Dalton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad