NFL: 2018 NFL News & Notes discussion thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Saints/Eagles on November 18 flexed to the 4pm window

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Also, Vikings/Bears flexed to SNF on that date. It was originally supposed to be Steelers/Jaguars.
I thought that might happen. Fox could only keep one game.

Got a couple more candidates later on. 49ers @ Seattle and Steelers @ Raiders. Woof.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Hilarious

Yeah, you can find a couple similar versions of that story going around for a while now. I think Warren Sapp brought it up a few years ago. If I remember right the Raiders coach at the time (Kiffin? or Cable? not sure) even gave him a chance to back off the lie and JR doubled down on it

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Ex-NFL defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd suing famed orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews

Brad Sohn, lawyer for ex-Minnesota Vikings defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd, announced in a statement that a lawsuit will be filed Tuesday in Florida on behalf of his client against Dr. James Andrews and his practice.

The suit alleges that Floyd suffered permanent nerve and muscle damage in his leg as the result of a 2016 surgery performed at the Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine.

Floyd was allegedly told he needed arthroscopic knee surgery, but the suit claims the surgery was much bigger in scope and that subsequently he was "negligently administered a pain blocker," which caused the damage to his right leg.

Floyd, whose career ended in 2016, is seeking $180 million in damages.

“We believe that if Sharrif had not been the victim of the medical negligence we allege, he would’ve been paid commensurate with some of the top players at his position, if not some of the top defensive players in football,” Sohn told Sports Illustrated on Monday night.

Considering Andrews is go to guy for it seems every major surgery/injury I posted this

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Did not even realize until last night that Mariota has 2 more TD's than Nick Freaking Mullens this season (had 3 before last night)

Wowzas.

Elvis P

I got 9 lives, cat's eyes
Dec 10, 2007
Black Sabbath
The Chiefs have won every coin toss this season.

In the 2nd half Julio will have more TDs and Mahomes may level off.

Last edited:

Elvis P

I got 9 lives, cat's eyes
Dec 10, 2007
Black Sabbath
Roger Staubach created the football term Hail Mary. Obviously it already existed as a religious term in the Catholic Church.

He was the first great athlete to play QB in the NFL. He never had a losing season. There's a great picture of him throwing a pass and his feet are 2 feet off the ground.

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
TBT when some of this board thought the Steelers were done and weren't an easy pick to win the division.

The first 2 weeks of the season are basically preseason now. Even on teams with SB aspirations, coaches are content with trying to break even in September so they can hit their division schedule healthy and in stride. Good teams typically go on 6-7-8 game win streaks so overcoming an 0-2 start isn't all that hard if you've got a good team....on the other hand, if you're not a good team starting 2-0 isn't sustainable anyway. It all comes out in the wash.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Saints sign Brandon Marshall

Brandon Marshall to Saints.....meh

I guess it can't hurt anything, but based on yesterday I'd rather see Kirkwood getting as many snaps as possible. I guess it's nice to at least have a veteran option....I'm guessing he's just filling a spot until Ted Ginn comes back which I believe happens week 13.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
marshall gives brees a good RZ target

that's pretty much it. i'm not expecting him to do much although he's never played with a QB as good as brees

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad