NFL GDT: 2018 NFC Divisional Round: (1) New Orleans Saints vs (6) Philadelphia Eagles

nophi

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Foles gonna get paid this off season.

I can't see someone going too crazy but you never know. I'd guess he gets a decent sized guarantee on a short-term deal. Keenum got $25M guaranteed on a two-year deal after one good season so I'd expect Foles to beat that but maybe not by a whole lot.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Cant say Im shook by this loss like in years past. The Saints are clearly the better team. Deserved to win. If Carson is healthy next year the Eagles should be in a position like this again.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wentz is probably secretly happy. Can't have your back-up winning it all two years in a row.
If the Eagles won it again with Foles, I think they'd think long and hard about trading Wentz and take their chances. Even now it'll be difficult in this town convincing the fan base that it is his team.

At least for Wentz he'll get healthy and have the full off-season to work out and run through OTA's and whatnot.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
One year wonders :)
Maybe, as noted before in the thread last week, not too many Super Bowl teams even win a playoff the next year this century. The Patriots, first ravens team, and Seahawks are the only teams other than the Eagles.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Thought this was interesting:

Week 11: Saints 48, Eagles 7 - time of possession Saints 37:34, Eagles 22:26

Tonight: Saints 20, Eagles 14 - time of possession Saints 37:50, Eagles 22:10

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
I personally think the Saints somewhat shot themselves in the foot to start.

Going for a bomb on the very first play was nothing short of arrogant by Sean Payton. He wanted to start with a statement, and it nearly cost him the game.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
I personally think the Saints somewhat shot themselves in the foot to start.

Going for a bomb on the very first play was nothing short of arrogant by Sean Payton. He wanted to start with a statement, and it nearly cost him the game.

It's classic Sean Payton and it always seems to bite them in the ass more than it does to help.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
It's classic Sean Payton and it always seems to bite them in the ass more than it does to help.

That was a 45-yard throw that needed to be 50 and Brees just doesn't have a 50 yard arm anymore. I don't have a problem with the play call but let Taysom Hill throw it.

Otherwise, this game was all about Brees being great in the pocket, extending plays, standing in there, making one great throw after another and paying the price. I don't think he's been hit that many times in a while.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Y'all said this last year. The league has seen Nick Foles starting over a full season. It wasn't pretty.
He’ll still get paid because people are dumb and they’ve seen him win a Super Bowl since then.

Foles will be very selective though. I don’t think it will be whoever offers the most money. The situation has to be right with the right people around him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad