NFL GDT: 2018 NFC Divisional Round: (1) New Orleans Saints vs (6) Philadelphia Eagles

nophi

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
The Saints D were playing truly inspired football from the 2nd quarter on. Not a single point allowed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A lot of debate in Philadelphia as to whether the offense or defense was more to blame, and why the Eagles were rushing to run a play before the 2-minute warning.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
A lot of debate in Philadelphia as to whether the offense or defense was more to blame, and why the Eagles were rushing to run a play before the 2-minute warning.
20 points was the lowest point total scored at the Dome this year by the Saints and the lowest in Brees era during the playoffs. You'd have told me the Eagles would hold them to 20 points, we all would have taken it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
20 points was the lowest point total scored at the Dome this year by the Saints and the lowest in Brees era during the playoffs. You'd have told me the Eagles would hold them to 20 points, we all would have taken it.

I think they're pinning it more on Jim Schwartz and becoming predictable. And more so that 18-play drive in the 3rd quarter and not being able to get off the field.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I think they're pinning it more on Jim Schwartz and becoming predictable. And more so that 18-play drive in the 3rd quarter and not being able to get off the field.
This was a winnable game but ultimately they lost to a better team on the road. That is why they need home field, and as we saw last year the were dominant there. Going to be a fun offseason for the Eagles.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

The Saints are a much different team the last two years than they were for most of the Payton/Brees era but the popular narrative has not caught up yet.

With the exception of the final game of the season, which they didn't even try to win, the Saints defense has given up a total of 35 2nd half points over the second half of the season and two of those scores were in the very final minutes of blowouts. When it gets late in games they just clamp down and don't give up anything.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad