2018 MLB Regular Season Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
It looks like a Baez/Yelich 2 horse race for NL MVP (Carpenter seems to have cooled off a bit recently)

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
he hasn't locked it up

yelich is right there with him
Didn't say he locked it up. I said he's "locking it up".

Yelich needs to lead the Brewers to the central title and Javy needs to cool off. I just don't see it happening, honestly.

Wouldn't be shocked if Yelich did win it tho, he's had a heck of a season.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Tying run at the plate.

Tampa winning again...

I'm not gonna lie, I don't want Tampa to make the playoffs because their stadium is such an eyesore, their attendance is abysmal, and they have basically a bunch of players whose names seem to be create-a-player.

Like, they are literally Blake Snell and Kevin Cash's no-names.

At least the Oakland Coliseum/Yankee Stadium have atmopshere- what does the Trop have?

Even in 2011 and 2013, there were empty seats galore in the LDS.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I'm not gonna lie, I don't want Tampa to make the playoffs because their stadium is such an eyesore, their attendance is abysmal, and they have basically a bunch of players whose names seem to be create-a-player.

At least the Oakland Coliseum/Yankee Stadium have atmopshere- what does the Trop have?

that's what makes their second half even more impressive. they sold off all their talent at the deadline and are 5.5 games back of a WC spot

but the same can be said about the A's. people outside the west coast are just now finding out who khris davis is. aside from him and chapman the A's are a bunch of randoms as well

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
A's just gotta take care of their own shit. 5 more against the Angels, 3 against hapless Minnesota, and 3 against a Seattle team that will likely be disinterested by Monday. There's no excuse if the A's don't do what they need to do.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
A's just gotta take care of their own ****. 5 more against the Angels, 3 against hapless Minnesota, and 3 against a Seattle team that will likely be disinterested by Monday. There's no excuse if the A's don't do what they need to do.

seems like they've been taken their foot off the pedal the past few games and gotten too comfortable. TB isn't going away either

the only comforting thing is that they've battled back in each of their past 3 losses. just win a few more games and lock this thing up

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada

Smith, Wendle, Kiermaier, Robertson, a bunch of pitchers and recently Pham have been very good core players/stars for the Rays. Don't call them no names just because your baseball knowledge is lacking.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Smith, Wendle, Kiermaier, Robertson, a bunch of pitchers and recently Pham have been very good core players/stars for the Rays. Don't call them no names just because your baseball knowledge is lacking.
Both Wendle and Robertson were in the A's organization. Neither were expected to be above average everyday players.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah im surprised at how wendle has performed this season. rays wouldn't be where they're at without him

guy was pretty much the name they chose out of the hat to get in return for moss and he didn't show any signs that he could play the way he has in his time with the A's

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
David Price putting in another dud at YS.

If they meet up in the ALDS, Price must game 1-2. He didn't do too badly vs. the Yanks at Fenway last month.

David Price vs. the Yankees..... home/road splits, it's kinda sorta like Ben Roethlisberger's home/away splits

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad