2018 MLB Regular Season Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
What a catch back up the middle. Dbacks up 6-0 on the Cubs, Corbin looks like he's been dealing this game. DBacks are going to have to play some good baseball the 2nd half.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
What a catch back up the middle. Dbacks up 6-0 on the Cubs, Corbin looks like he's been dealing this game. DBacks are going to have to play some good baseball the 2nd half.

They played great 2nd half baseball last year, but their offense is not what it was last year and Boxberger has not been a huge upgrade at closer over the Arrow Man.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Terrible night for several aces. deGrom for his standards had a tough night but ultimately he gets the usual screw job by his terrible offence.

Kluber with another shaky outing as the Pirates continue to destroy everything.

If I was CLE, I shut him down (even if he is healthy) and give him 3-4 weeks of rest. Game 1 of the ALDS is what matters, they'll be the 3rd seed in the AL playoffs anyway.

Reactions: amj h

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Clint Hurdle is Rasputin.

Just when you think the Pirates are going nowhere and he’s about to be on the hot seat, BOOM they always seem to go on a run to cool that seat off

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Clint Hurdle is Rasputin.

Just when you think the Pirates are going nowhere and he’s about to be on the hot seat, BOOM they always seem to go on a run to cool that seat off

He signed a 4 year extension at the end of last year, the winning streak is nice but he's not going anywhere for a while pretty much no matter what

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Cardinals have wasted some big performances recently.

Matt Carpenter basically won NL Player of the week in a 5 game series at Wrigley- still lost the series.

Poncedeleon pitches a gem, but they couldn’t even get a win, let alone a no-hitter

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I gotta admit, I admire how both of you are digging in with these positions/predictions. :popcorn:

Gary Sanchez is going to get destroyed in the NY media for a lack of hustle. Can't wait for the Francesa rant.

lol Rizzo about to pitch in Chicago.

And he gets Pollock to fly out!
You know whos supposed to get players to play hard? Manager and that is Aaron Boone.

They need to blame Boone too.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
You know whos supposed to get players to play hard? Manager and that is Aaron Boone.

They need to blame Boone too.

Which is something that I wonder if we've yet to see from Cora. He's had it too easy. The Red Sox have coasted to such a degree that they've yet to face adversity.

Cora has basically had so little pressure this year and not had to do as much/overcome they might as well have kept Farrell.

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Which is something that I wonder if we've yet to see from Cora. He's had it too easy. The Red Sox have coasted to such a degree that they've yet to face adversity.

Cora has basically had so little pressure this year and not had to do as much/overcome they might as well have kept Farrell.
uh, AJ Hinch is what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad