2018 MiLB Regular Season News and Notes/2018 Affiliation Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Sorry, I have bifocals. These two logos of the Express has me confused. Not the colors, I appreciate incorporating the Astros colors. I just don't understand what the Express is trying to convey with these logos. The rest of the sceme is nice.

To be honest, it looks like someone took a dump on Texas.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Sorry for sounding impatient, but when will the Texas League's Amarillo franchise reveal the name and logos?

You wanted it? You got it. Say hello to the Sod Poodles.

cut.jpg

Reactions: BigMac1212

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I...actually don't mind it. Something about the super serious looks on the faces of the prairie dogs in the primary logo (the one with the three prairie dogs coming out of the ground inside the roundel) strikes me as funny. I'll take this over the Trash Pandas. It's still not great, but not quite as bad as I thought it'd be.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I...actually don't mind it. Something about the super serious looks on the faces of the prairie dogs in the primary logo (the one with the three prairie dogs coming out of the ground inside the roundel) strikes me as funny. I'll take this over the Trash Pandas. It's still not great, but not quite as bad as I thought it'd be.

The name though. Sod Poodles. That's just ridiculous.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Booyah. Sod Poodles.

Burn minor league baseball to the ground and salt the remains.

To be fair, the Booyah aren't a minor league team. Summer Collegiate Baseball is an even murkier ground where you have teams like the Savannah Bananas, the Macon Bacon, the High Point-Thomasville HiToms, and the Mankato MoonDogs.

As for ridiculous names in MiLB lay that blame at the feet of Brandiose. I'll gladly distribute pitchforks and torches to storm their offices in San Diego.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Should we talk about the Hight Point Rockers (Independent, Atlantic League) & the Milwaukee (Franklin, WI) Milkmen (Independent League, American Association), or has this forum already talk about the two expansion team?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Colorado Springs has their team name/identity for their new Rookie team (the relocated Helena Brewers). Say hello to the Rocky Mountain Vibes. Interestingly, Vibes wasn't one of the announced finalists in the name the team contest...

Rocky-Mountain-Vibes-logos.jpg

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
In Summer Collegiate Baseball news, say goodbye to the Green Bay BullFrogs of the Northwoods League, and say hello to the Green Bay Booyah!

Booyah! Green Bay Bullfrogs get New Name, Logos

Green-Bay-Booyah-Logos.png

Normally, I would be upset over this identity, but the over-the-top nature just seems to make me giggle. I don't know why...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The Bullfrogs had the best mascot and slogan in baseball.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Las Vegas has put the 51's in the Nevada desert and are calling themselves the "Aviators."

cut.jpg

My biggest complaint is that the color scheme seems way too bright to my liking. If the contrast was increased and the brightness was lowered, I might like the scheme more, but that's just me. Then again, the nickname "Aviators" is much more civilized than the current monikers that are popping up in MiLB. (And there's a tangential to Sin City, as the Howard Hughes Corporation is headquarters in Las Vegas.) All in all, not good, but also, not bad.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Sea Dogs, Red Sox extend affiliation agreement

The Portland Sea Dogs and Boston Red Sox today announced the extension of their Player Development Contract (PDC) for an additional two years. With the extension, the Red Sox will continue to have a Double-A Eastern League affiliate in Portland through 2022, the longest permitted term under the current Professional Baseball Agreement (PBA).

Red Sox Vice President of Player Development Ben Crockett and Sea Dogs President and General Manager Geoff Iacuessa made the announcement.

"We are excited to extend our partnership with the Sea Dogs," stated Crockett. "The Burke Family, Geoff Iacuessa and the Sea Dogs staff provide a wonderful environment for players to grow and develop, while Portland's passionate fan base gives our players a taste of what they will see at Fenway."

The Sea Dogs relationship with the Red Sox began in 2003, following a nine-year affiliation with the Florida Marlins. Upon changing affiliations, the Sea Dogs changed colors from teal to red and blue. Additionally, a likeness of Fenway Park's Green Monster was erected at Hadlock Field.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
To be fair, the Booyah aren't a minor league team. Summer Collegiate Baseball is an even murkier ground where you have teams like the Savannah Bananas, the Macon Bacon, the High Point-Thomasville HiToms, and the Mankato MoonDogs.

As for ridiculous names in MiLB lay that blame at the feet of Brandiose. I'll gladly distribute pitchforks and torches to storm their offices in San Diego.
Traverse City now has the Pit Spitters, GP

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Portland AA-EL to become Maine Whoopie Pies 6/21/19

I wish the Sea Dogs would update their logos. The thing looks so outdated. The Woopie Pies logos looks corny, but I wouldn't mind the moniker.

Edit: The Fresno Grizzlies (Class AAA, Pacific Coast League, Nats Affiliate) got new logos and unis. WARNING! The home uniforms might cause blindness.

Grizzlies-header.jpg

DyIQ-1LUYAAv-U3.jpg

Why, Grizzlies, are the home pants RED!?!?

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
I wish the Sea Dogs would update their logos. The thing looks so outdated. The Woopie Pies logos looks corny, but I wouldn't mind the moniker.

Edit: The Fresno Grizzlies (Class AAA, Pacific Coast League, Nats Affiliate) got new logos and unis. WARNING! The home uniforms might cause blindness.

Grizzlies-header.jpg

DyIQ-1LUYAAv-U3.jpg

Why, Grizzlies, are the home pants RED!?!?
its a weird decision to adopt the colors of a east cost parent team that was pretty much forced their by lack of options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad