2018 MiLB Regular Season News and Notes/2018 Affiliation Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Sorry, I have bifocals. These two logos of the Express has me confused. Not the colors, I appreciate incorporating the Astros colors. I just don't understand what the Express is trying to convey with these logos. The rest of the sceme is nice.

That's a depiction of the actual round rock for which Round Rock, TX is named within the outline of the state of Texas.

800px-The_Round_Rock_of_Round_Rock_Texas.jpg

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Little off-season news - Syracuse has announced their new name and branding going into next year. Say goodbye, Chiefs, and let's meet...the Mets.

Syracuse-Mets.jpg

syracusemetsunis.jpg

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Brandiose really needs to be tried at The Hague.

Too fancy. Just a regular court in the US would suffice.

I don't know, these are pretty awful logos. Some of that Rocket City set is almost eye-gougingly bad and we haven't even seen their unis yet. I'm not looking forward to the reveals of Amarillo or Colorado Springs.

Also it's late, but the Cubs have renewed their PDCs with the Iowa Cubs (Triple-A, Pacific Coast League), Tennessee Smokies (Double-A, Southern League), Myrtle Beach Pelicans (High-A, Carolina League), and South Bend Cubs (Low-A, Midwest League) through 2022.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I don't know, these are pretty awful logos. I'm not looking forward to the reveals of Amarillo or Colorado Springs.

Also it's late, but the Cubs have renewed their PDCs with the Iowa Cubs (Triple-A, Pacific Coast League), Tennessee Smokies (Double-A, Southern League), Myrtle Beach Pelicans (High-A, Carolina League), and South Bend Cubs (Low-A, Midwest League) through 2022.
why would Colorado Springs or San Antonio as it is now change anything, GP, all it would be is a rebrand as had Amarillo not happened that opened up San Antonio, the Sky Sox branding was done anyway, now whether the Missions brand stays in San Antonio, that's on the reveal

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
why would Colorado Springs or San Antonio as it is now change anything, GP, all it would be is a rebrand as had Amarillo not happened that opened up San Antonio, the Sky Sox branding was done anyway, now whether the Missions brand stays in San Antonio, that's on the reveal

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, Hutch. The announced finalists for Amarillo's team name (Boot Scooters, Bronc Busters, Jerky, Long Haulers, and Sod Poodles) and Colorado Springs (Lamb Chops, Happy Campers, Throttle Jockeys, Punchy Pikas, and Rocky Mountain Oysters) were all dreadful and will likely result in logos even more dreadful than Rocket City's. I think none of us have any faith in Brandiose - as much as people hate on Dave Gunnarsson for his goalie mask designs, they're freaking works of art compared to what Brandiose churns out.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Guess who's coming to Fayetteville?

cut.jpg

Other than the bat holding primary logo, it's decent. It's infinitely better than the Trash Pandas.

The "F" reminds me of the Reading's logo a bit, but overall I like it. I'm interested to know who did it - I don't think it's Brandiose, thankfully. Jerseys are below:

FayettevilleWoodpeckersHomeUniform.jpg

FayettevilleWoodpeckersAwayUniform.jpg

Reactions: VaCaps Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad