Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Hello all, I'd love if you could all give the bolded a read before voting.

I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards for my 8th straight year. The criteria for a prospect will be loosely based on Calder eligibility. There may be a couple that slip through the cracks the first few posts because I am not perfect. Also please let me know if I have someone listed that is no longer with us, or any omissions. Comprehensive prospect lists are a little harder to find than you'd think this time oh year.

Rankings:

Rasmus Sandin
Timothy Liljegren
Sean Durzi
Andreas Johnson
Justin Holl
Jeremy Bracco
Yegor Korshkov
Carl Grundstrom
Eemeli Rasanen
Joseph Woll
Adam Brooks
Semyon Der-Arguchintsev
Calle Rosen
Pierre Engvall
Trevor Moore

Frederik Gauthier
Dakota Joshua
Martins Dzierkals
Jesper Lindgren
Dymtro Timashov
Kasimir Kaskisuo
JD Greenway
Nikolai Chebykin
Vladimir Bobylev
Andrew Nielsen
Ian Scott
Vladislav Kara
Fedor Gordeev
Ryan McGregor
Ryan O'Connell
Riley Stotts
Mac Hollowell
Filip Kral
Pontus Holmberg
Zach Bouthillier
Semyon Kizimov
Miro Aaltonen
Igor Ozhiganov
Mason Marchment

Suggest who I should add next. :D

Last edited:

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Also it appears we have lost all our previous years results due to the site migration. :(

Unless they are archived somewhere.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I thought Jack Walker was no longer in the system, along with Middleton, Mattinen, Camerensi and Vesey. Also, I think that the ATO NCAA players we added on AHL contracts should be included: Matt Bradley, Brady Ferguson, Josh Kestner, Derian Plouffe and Scott Pooley.

Last edited:
Reactions: htpwn

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Let's be realistic here. There's no question that Johnsson is the Leafs best prospect currently. Yes, everyone hopes that Liljegren will develop into something special but he's a long ways off and hasn't even dominated the AHL yet. Johnsson has.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Also it appears we have lost all our previous years results due to the site migration. :(

Unless they are archived somewhere.

Thanks for doing this again, Schenn.

I've still got last year's results on my laptop:

2ldx6gy.jpg

dewbbp.jpg

I'd probably still count Dermott as a prospect, but not Kapanen. The difference being that Kapanen played more games at the NHL level this year than the AHL one, while Dermott (and Johnsson) played most of the year in the AHL. I also think Holl should be removed. It is a weird situation because he's a late bloomer and has an outside chance to crack the roster next year but he's 26. That's too old to be considered a prospect IMO.

Last edited:

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I would probabaly take lilijgren over the rest of our top 5 prospects. He is our last elite/blue chip/core prospect who will be a amazing player. Grundstrom, sandin, durzi, Johnston will all be great support players but they will be the Andrew ladds, Dustin buffyglins, Dave bolland, kris versteeg, etc.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Timmy, not even remotely close anymore.

Get's interesting at #2 with Grundstrom, Sandin, and Johnsson in the mix, the Swedish Maple Leafs.

PS: Thanks for doing this again Schenn.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Went Liljegren. I don't think anyone considers Johnsson a prospect still so I wasn't even looking for him on the list lol.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Let's be realistic here. There's no question that Johnsson is the Leafs best prospect currently. Yes, everyone hopes that Liljegren will develop into something special but he's a long ways off and hasn't even dominated the AHL yet. Johnsson has.

There is nothing unrealistic about considering the fact that Liljegren is like 5 years younger than Johnsson and has a higher ceiling and potential.

You combine potential and NHL-readiness and there is no right way to do that.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
There is nothing unrealistic about considering the fact that Liljegren is like 5 years younger than Johnsson and has a higher ceiling and potential.

Potential vs proximity will always be a conversation worth having.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017

Facts -based on reality- vs Hope.

I'm sure many Leafs fans were as keen on the futures of Stuart Percy and Luke Schenn.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Happy this is back. Thanks for doing this every year. You should leave the dead links up, maybe there is an archived version somewhere that another user with better google-fu can find? It'd be nice to recover past years lists...

The majority of us are youtube/twitter scouts, but these lists are really interesting "wisdom of the crowd" prospect rankings.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Thanks for doing this again, Schenn, I was waiting for it!

Liljegren, add Timashov.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
I voted Johnsson because he's the Leafs best NHL-ready prospect right now.

I understand why Liljegren is getting most of votes though, he has a very high ceiling and we really need RHD's right now.

Reactions: Myopic

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Wait a second... why is Johnsson here but not Dermott? Should be both or neither, no?

"Calder Eligibility" - To be eligible for the award, a player cannot have played more than 25 games in any single preceding season nor in six or more games in each of any two preceding seasons in any major professional league.

Reactions: Once

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I probably wouldn't put Johnsson in next poll, some consider him graduated already so might not vote for him and have voted split

Or just put him #2 and skip to 3 lol

Looney Toonies

May 30, 2012
Canada
That time of year where I ponder my password for a solid 30 minutes, to cast a couple votes.

Timmy is our only blue chip prospect, in terms of potential #1 should be a land slide.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
I voted Johnsson because he's the Leafs best NHL-ready prospect right now.

I understand why Liljegren is getting most of votes though, he has a very high ceiling and we really need RHD's right now.

I won't be surprised if Johnsson gets more even strength points than Nylander next season. It all depends on how Babs uses him. Nylander will certainly get more PP time.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
wow can't believe the D+1 defenseman couldn't even dominate the AHL in his first year to the same degree as the D+5 forward

Reactions: Lauro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad