2018 HF Team Boards Mock Draft -- Pick #26

Pick #26

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
I like Noel at 26. Big boy with good hands, puck protection, net presence, good hockey IQ and skating continues to improve from all reports I've read and video I've watched. Plus, he's a late birthday guy and doesn't turn 18 until August, which means he has 2 more Jr. seasons to develop and mature into his 6'5" frame before making the jump to the AHL. Might be a bit of a project, but not a McIlrath-level affair. Could be solid 2nd/3rd line winger in future.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I like Noel at 26. Big boy with good hands, puck protection, net presence, good hockey IQ and skating continues to improve from all reports I've read and video I've watched. Plus, he's a late birthday guy and doesn't turn 18 until August, which means he has 2 more Jr. seasons to develop and mature into his 6'5" frame before making the jump to the AHL. Might be a bit of a project, but not a McIlrath-level affair. Could be solid 2nd/3rd line winger in future.
Noel could eventually be a Tuch or Simmonds type IMO, a 20+ goal guy with the size + hands combo. Would be pretty happy with him at 26.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm voting Sandin again next pick if Chicago doesnt take him. FYI

Reactions: Bozle

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
Mock I threw together:

1)Buf- Dahlin
2)Car- Svechnikov
3)Mon- Zadina
4)Ott- Tkachuk
5)Pho- Hughes
6)Det- Dobson
7)Van- Wahlstrom
8)Chi- Koktaniemi
9)NYR- Boqvist
10)Edm- Bouchard
11)NYI- Farabee
12)NYI- Smith
13)Dal- Hayton
14)Phi- Veleno
15)Fla- Kravstov
16)Col- Sandin
17)NjD- McIsaac
18)Cbs- Bokk
19)Phi- Samuelsson
20)LAK- Wilde
21)SJ- A.Thomas
22)Ott- Dellandrea
23)Ana- Kupari
24)Min- Lundestrom
25)Tor- S. Noel
26)NYR- Wise
27)Chi- K. Miller
28)NYR- Kaut
29)Stl- O'Brien
30)Det- Denisenko
31)Was- Marchenko

Reactions: Bozle

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
What if Craig Button is right about Hayton being similar player to Patrice Bergeron a 4 time Selke winner who averages .76 points per game over his entire career.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Mock I threw together:

1)Buf- Dahlin
2)Car- Svechnikov
3)Mon- Zadina
4)Ott- Tkachuk
5)Pho- Hughes
6)Det- Dobson
7)Van- Wahlstrom
8)Chi- Koktaniemi
9)NYR- Boqvist
10)Edm- Bouchard
11)NYI- Farabee
12)NYI- Smith
13)Dal- Hayton
14)Phi- Veleno
15)Fla- Kravstov
16)Col- Sandin
17)NjD- McIsaac
18)Cbs- Bokk
19)Phi- Samuelsson
20)LAK- Wilde
21)SJ- A.Thomas
22)Ott- Dellandrea
23)Ana- Kupari
24)Min- Lundestrom
25)Tor- S. Noel
26)NYR- Wise
27)Chi- K. Miller
28)NYR- Kaut
29)Stl- O'Brien
30)Det- Denisenko
31)Was- Marchenko
Best mock draft I’ve seen thus far.

Reactions: Sarge13

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
Best mock draft I’ve seen thus far.

Thanks, just trying it out, see how I think it might unfold.

Heres a couple of things I thought about while doing this mock draft:

First of all it's great that we have three first-rounders, but Detroit, Chicago, Islanders, Philly also have two picks each. We have 4 picks in the top 39. But Detroit has 4 picks in the top 36. Isles have 4 picks in the top 43. I thought we were in a unique situation and we are with three first-rounders but these other teams have pics that are not too far away they could always trade up into the first round easily if they find a dance partner.

If we don't move from any of our pics once we take someone at number nine it will be the longest wait ever to get to pick number 26 we're going to go crazy seeing all these good players getting scooped up unless we move up with one of the twenties pics.

Looking back at past drafts excluding last year because of expansion a lot of teams don't trade down just to get pics usually players are involved whether it's trading up or trading down. I think people assume that if you want to trade down there's always a partner to dance with but that's usually not the case you have to find just the right fit and get good value for the pick your trading away if you're going to be trading down.

Nashville and Vegas both have no first-rounder but they have prospects and players that I think might be available. McPhee has a lot of players that had good Seasons this year I wonder if you'd want to keep all of them or just deal some while they're hot, build for the future. Nashville has two dmen that have played a few seasons for David Quinn at BU, Fabbro and Farrance. Fabbro is someone our scouts have spent alot of time watching.

Dallas Stars are the home team at this draft, once in awhile the home team tries to make a big splash at the draft cause its at their rink. So far it's been quiet on the Dallas front but they have a decent pick in the first round and they also have some good prospects, I think I move up is very possible.

Not a whole lot of goalies going to be picked to high in this draft but I'm thinking Annunen has thebest shot at round one, maybe Detroit at 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad