• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Addison for me.

I admittedly know very little about Miller though, so perhaps if I had the drive to do some more research I would change my vote.

All-in-all, there are 8-12 guys on that list that I wouldn't be disappointed with at 26.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Addison/Sandin wouldn't hate Samuelsson. Lots of nice Defensive options here. Then Dellandrea (great name too :thumbu:) hopefully will be there at 28

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Seeing the mock shake out like this only solidifies that I want a F at 9. I’d be happy with Tychonik, Sandin, Addison, or Samuelsson here.
Rangers need to worry about BPA. they shouldn't reach for a forward because of the defensive depth at the end of R1. I'm going Sandin, but would not be unhappy with some of the other options. Probably voting for a D again at 28

Last edited:
Reactions: NewYorkNick

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Seeing the mock shake out like this only solidifies that I want a F at 9. I’d be happy with Tychonik, Sandin, Addison, or Samuelsson here.

Problem is I don't see any of them becoming legit No. 1 D's. I can see that with Dobson, Hughes, Boqvist and Bouchard though. And the only forward left on the board above that I might take at No. 9 is Kotkaniemi but I wouldn't take him before Dobson who I have as my 4OA.

What this poll tells me more than anything else is it would be a very good thing if we could move our 26OA up a bunch of spots. The forwards between 13 and 16--Farabee, Kravtsov, Denisenko and Hayton and Bokk at 20 are guys I'd be aiming at.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Problem is I don't see any of them becoming legit No. 1 D's. I can see that with Dobson, Hughes, Boqvist and Bouchard though. And the only forward left on the board above that I might take at No. 9 is Kotkaniemi but I wouldn't take him before Dobson who I have as my 4OA.

What this poll tells me more than anything else is it would be a very good thing if we could move our 26OA up a bunch of spots. The forwards between 13 and 16--Farabee, Kravtsov, Denisenko and Hayton and Bokk at 20 are guys I'd be aiming at.

With Kotkaniemi's rise it pretty much assures us one of those 4 dmen. So then at 26 we grab Addison or Sandin then a forward at 28. Not terrible.
Its gonna take a lot I feel to get back into the top 15 which would assure us either Farabee or Kravtsov. If the 26th OR 28th plus the 39th did it I would do it but not sure if that would make it happen.
I wonder if we were guaranteed Farabee or Kravtsov for the 26th and 28th pick would Rangers fans do it????? I probably would. As much as i like Bokk not sure if i would give up two first rounders to get him. Definitely wouldn't for Hayton or Denisenko. Heck Denisenko may drop past the teens

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Rangers need to worry about BPA. they shouldn't reach for a forward because of the defensive depth at the end of R1. I'm going Sandin, but would not be unhappy with some of the other options. Probably voting for a D again at 28
I agree that there's more defensive depth at the end of the first round, but I don't think that they'd be reaching for a forward at 9. I've been pretty consistent in saying that Farabee at 9 is good for me.

Agreed about moving up, but I'm also more of the mindset now that you can find better defensemen later throughout the draft. If we're going to be an aggressive attacking team, I want kids that are good offensive players that can sustain attacks. I don't think we have that in our pipeline right now outside of Chytil and Lias.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Easier to find great defensemen in the late 1st and mid rounds

Generally the great forwards are in the first round.

The defensive depth in the late first/second round this year is great.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
16 votes for Addison. I have 2 Dmen on that list, and 2 forwards over him.

M Samuelsson, R Sandin, Dellandrea, J Lauko. Would def consider Wise over him as well.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I’d pick Blake McLaughlin here but since he’s not an option I chose O’Brien. He has a really high ceiling and the attitude+skill to reach it. I have Olofsson the highest on my list out of these guys but he’d be really repetitive in the system and since we have a ton of safe guys, I’m going for that pick that could potentially become an impact player. O’Brien gets overlooked because he’s playing over at Thayer. Maybe O Brien/McLaughlin with 28 though but I’d hope to score both of them with the last 2 picks in the 1st. Miller/Dellandrea would also be acceptable. Don’t see high upside in Tychonick but I’d lean towards Miller. Dellandrea is a great player and fits the Ranger mold. Regarding Miller, I have him in my 2nd round but that’s the kind of player Rangers should be after when we have 3 first round picks. Take 1 gamble and Miller is that guy that can seriously pay off in the future and adds a new element to the team. Hallander/Olofsson would also not be bad choices, I trust GMJG to do well though

Last edited:

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Tychonik/Alexeyev/Addison is the correct answer here
False. Wouldn’t touch Addison until late 2nd/early 3rd. He’s not that good. We need wingers though at the late picks. Tychonick wouldn’t upset me though. I’m okay with going off the board and even moving down from both firsts for more picks. 25-50 picks are all pretty much equal (that’s also the consensus as well, little difference between them)
Or something like this I’d be extremely happy with-
At 9th overall, Wahlstrom or Boqvist will be there. Select Wahlstrom, do not touch Boqvist. If only Boqvist is there, move down by trading with Isles to select Farabee. Boqvists recent play has been concerning and even though he is a slow cooking prospect, he’s had two concussions and he’s not even 18-his concussions are noticeable and at the recent u18 he was not good, at all. In SHL play as well he was unnoticeable/failed to put up points. I have serious concerns over him. Hopefully Wahlstrom is there or maybe even Dobson falls to us (although I do think Detroit takes him)
9th overall-Wahlstrom
26th-realistically, maybe Berggren is there. Select Berggren if so
28th-Tychonick
39th-McLaughlin
48th-O’Brien/Bernard-Docker
With our 2 3rds-any 2 of Johansson, Galenyuk, Demin, Regula, Emberson, Chyzowski, Ranta (realistically and preferably-Chyzowski and Johansson)
4th-anyone from the list above that falls/Shafigullin/Iskhakov
5th-Kirk obvi <3 or one of Shafigullin/Iskhakov if still there. We’re also likely to acquire at least 1 more pick in the top 2 rounds imo by trading one of Zucc/Spooner/Vladdy

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Addison was flavor of the weekend. Hes a nice player but I really do t think he should be going over Sandin. I probably take Samuelsson over Addison too. Addison and Miller would be next up.

That being said I dont hate getting Addison but I prefer others.

Reactions: Off Sides

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Addison was flavor of the weekend. Hes a nice player but I really do t think he should be going over Sandin. I probably take Samuelsson over Addison too. Addison and Miller would be next up.

That being said I dont hate getting Addison but I prefer others.
Sandin is a bit of a product of his team from what I’ve seen, he’s meh all around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad