• F Wise Jake

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
What does anyone think of K'andre Miller? I don't know much about him, but the Devils board seemed to really like him (lost by 1 vote). Would be better if he was right handed for sure.

If you absolutely forced us to take a d-man -- which wouldn't be my preference, but you're so FORCEFUL -- he'd be one of my top few choices at 19, along with Tychonick, who I'm not sure where he'll go actually -- probably lower than Miller and certainly could be had in a trade-down (he's not even on this list above). Sandin and Samuelsson are right there for me too, but I think Miller is both a little safer than Sandin (due to skating/size) and has a touch more upside than Samuelsson, if a lower floor and not quite as reliable yet. If I was on the Devils board, I'd have voted him in that tiebreaker.

After the Chosen One, Miller is probably the 2nd most toolsy d-man in the draft. He's 6'4, physical, and a great skater -- real athletic. Also used to be a forward until several years ago, so he's got solid hands. People knock his defensive a little and his consistency, saying he has maturation to do, and I guess that's true, but it doesn't really worry me or stand out terribly; I've watched him a lot, and I never thought his lows were that low. I think he'll get there. He's a hard worker, and I think his intelligence and puck skills/moving are both projectably above average, though not dazzling. Don't think he possesses great offensive creativity or o-zone instincts besides just cycle and shoot, but his toolsiness most manifests off the rush or creating individually. He didn't play that much on the PP, as they had a ton of d-men cycling. Not sure it will be his forte, but who knows? He certainly just looks like an NHL d-man, though I think his upside is more 2nd pair than home run. I think Phil Myers is more aggressive all-over (and better), but maybe you'd hope that's the general type of player he becomes with his skill-set.

Last edited:

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
If Lundeström, Kaut AND Berggren are all there at 19? Amazing.

Actually a tough one for me. I think Berggren has highest ceiling, and I have been on his hype train a long time... but I think Lundeström is getting underrated around the league in the lead up to the draft. Does he have ~70+ point upside? Probably not... but I think he should be a damn good two-way 2nd liner who plays every position, and his skating is great for his size.

Been saying this for a while. I really think he's going to be a very good player....I think he has a ceiling of a Backlund type impact on the game.

I voted for him, cuz at the time I voted, it was 32 votes for Breggen.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Been saying this for a while. I really think he's going to be a very good player....I think he has a ceiling of a Backlund type impact on the game.

I voted for him, cuz at the time I voted, it was 32 votes for Breggen.
I wanted him at 14 and again at 19. If we landed any 2 of Berggren, Kaut, and Lundestrom I'd be a very happy man. Lundy is at the top of the list for me though...

Backlund is a decent comparison. He's great on the forecheck, decent wheels, protects the puck well, and has excellent vision. I hate to use him as a comparison for ANY prospects, but his game is in a Forsberg mold for me. I guess Landeskog would be another fair comparison. Somewhere in between Skog, Backlund, and Forsberg in my opinion. :)

Reactions: VladDrag

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I wanted him at 14 and again at 19. If we landed any 2 of Berggren, Kaut, and Lundestrom I'd be a very happy man. Lundy is at the top of the list for me though...

Backlund is a decent comparison. He's great on the forecheck, decent wheels, protects the puck well, and has excellent vision. I hate to use him as a comparison for ANY prospects, but his game is in a Forsberg mold for me. I guess Landeskog would be another fair comparison. Somewhere in between Skog, Backlund, and Forsberg in my opinion. :)

Agreed, I don't like to compare players styles.

What I mean is Lundestrom could fill a role that Backlund fills for Calgary. A two-way, top PK, secondary PP guy, who can provide very decent two way play. He goes about his game differently than Backlund and I don't know if he will produce as much as Backlund has in the past few years, but I do think he can be a high 30ies point guy at the NHL level.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
If you absolutely forced us to take a d-man -- which wouldn't be my preference, but you're so FORCEFUL -- he'd be one of my top few choices at 19, along with Tychonick, who I'm not sure where he'll go actually -- probably lower than Miller and certainly could be had in a trade-down (he's not even on this list above). Sandin and Samuelsson are right there for me too, but I think Miller is both a little safer than Sandin (due to skating/size) and has a touch more upside than Samuelsson, if a lower floor and not quite as reliable yet. If I was on the Devils board, I'd have voted him in that tiebreaker.

After the Chosen One, Miller is probably the 2nd most toolsy d-man in the draft. He's 6'4, physical, and a great skater -- real athletic. Also used to be a forward until several years ago, so he's got solid hands. People knock his defensive a little and his consistency, saying he has maturation to do, and I guess that's true, but it doesn't really worry me or stand out terribly; I've watched him a lot, and I never thought his lows were that low. I think he'll get there. He's a hard worker, and I think his intelligence and puck skills/moving are both projectably above average, though not dazzling. Don't think he possesses great offensive creativity or o-zone instincts besides just cycle and shoot, but his toolsiness most manifests off the rush or creating individually. He didn't play that much on the PP, as they had a ton of d-men cycling. Not sure it will be his forte, but who knows? He certainly just looks like an NHL d-man, though I think his upside is more 2nd pair than home run. I think Phil Myers is more aggressive all-over (and better), but maybe you'd hope that's the general type of player he becomes with his skill-set.
Much appreciated, thanks for the write up :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad