Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F Wise Jake

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Every year there's a mock draft done by the team boards of HF -- here are the results of 2015, 2016, and 2017. Rules are easy: just pick the player you want your team to draft based on who is still available; "trade the pick" is not an option ;)

2018 Mock Draft
1 BUF --- D Rasmus Dahlin 117/126 (93%)
2 CAR --- F Andrei Svechnikov 69/74 (93%)
3 MTL --- F Filip Zadina 56/71 (79%)
4 OTT --- F Brady Tkachuk 38/71 (54%)
5 ARI --- F Oliver Wahlstrom 34/49 (69%)
6 DET --- D Adam Boqvist 41/93 (44%)
7 VAN --- D Quinton Hughes 34/64 (53%)
8 CHI --- D Evan Bouchard 28/39 (72%)
9 NYR --- D Noah Dobson 61/132 (46%)
10 EDM --- F Jesperi Kotkaniemi 41/65 (63%)
11 NYI --- F Joseph Veleno 52/68 (76%)
12 NYI* --- D Ty Smith 44/68 (65%)
13 DAL --- F Joel Farabee 10/30 (33%)
14 PHI* --- F Vitali Kravtsov 30/67 (45%)
15 FLA --- F Grigori Denisenko 5/18 (28%)
16 COL --- F Barrett Hayton 15/47 (32%)
17 NJD --- D Bode Wilde 23/63 (37%) (Tiebreaker)
18 CBJ --- F Rasmus Kupari 9/27 (33%)
19 PHI ---
20 LAK ---
21 SJS ---
22 OTT* ---
23 ANA ---
24 MIN ---
25 TOR ---
26 NYR* ---
27 CHI* ---
28 NYR* ---
29 STL* ---

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Voted for berggren @Magua made me a believer :thumbu:

I watched a period of one of Sweden's u18 games again yesterday, just to 'member.

I 'membered.

8OZEFe6.gif

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
I think that a lot of us on this board take what people like Magua and Appleyard say as gospel. The two of them for example spend a lot more time on certain things than the rest of us do and can back up their opinion. If you ever have an opinion that differs from someone like Magua or Appleyard you usually have half a dozen other posters recycling the same exact arguments they read against you even though they did very little of their own research to form a genuine opinion.

Today, I'm one of those people. Magua has sold me on Berggren so f***ing much. I love him.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
There are some really solid players still available at 19. It would be awesome to see Hexy pick up another 1st.

Assuming we take Berggren, Kaut would fall to #20+. This draft has some serious depth to it.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Thanks, Hive (don't feel obligated to vote for him!).

@Magua sold me on Berggren like a used-car salesman

Every year I have players I'm higher on than most and get a little *ahem* overeager about -- not talking the tippy top no brainer guys. Last year was players like Thomas, Chytil, Yamamoto, Brannstrom, Poehling, and even Frost later on (I should have ranked him higher without hindsight, but I caved to some consensus guys I didn't even like before him -- that bugged me and made me more militant this year to give my undiluted opinions).

But I don't think I've been this *ahem* overeager since I had Clayton Keller #3 behind Sir Nostrils and Dances with Goats. You spend enough time watching, trying to find something in players (whether it's there or not), that when you get smacked in the face with a certain "It" factor you just know. And if I'm wrong..........boy, I will look really dumb lol. But I've been not half-bad about it so far, and I wouldn't watch and write all this sh*t if I was hesitant to have an aggressive thought of my own. But I would reallllllly like for us to draft him and be right.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I think that a lot of us on this board take what people like Magua and Appleyard say as gospel. The two of them for example spend a lot more time on certain things than the rest of us do and can back up their opinion. If you ever have an opinion that differs from someone like Magua or Appleyard you usually have half a dozen other posters recycling the same exact arguments they read against you even though they did very little of their own research to form a genuine opinion.

Today, I'm one of those people. Magua has sold me on Berggren so ****ing much. I love him.

I know you’re not complaining about it, but when this does get brought up seriously, it bothers me only in that there’s an obvious double standard in the way info is digested. Writing for NHL.com (or any other site) doesn’t make your words on prospects have weight.

If you watch a player and form your own opinion, whether I agree with it or not, fair enough. What most people do is go to many of the same scouting outlets year in and out. You slowly figure out what types of players they do/don’t like, how that lines up with your personal preferences, what specific bits of information you trust more from each source, etc etc.

The best way I can think to phrase it is that you learn to read the scout. It’s ok to say that.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
There are a ton of guy's I'd be psyched about here. I voted Berggren. I've been brushing up on him and he sounds and looks like a solid pick here (or 14). But I also like Woo, Merkley, Kaut, Noel, and Lundestrom. I would love to get two of these guys with our picks.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
If Lundeström, Kaut AND Berggren are all there at 19? Amazing.

Actually a tough one for me. I think Berggren has highest ceiling, and I have been on his hype train a long time... but I think Lundeström is getting underrated around the league in the lead up to the draft. Does he have ~70+ point upside? Probably not... but I think he should be a damn good two-way 2nd liner who plays every position, and his skating is great for his size.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Today, I'm one of those people. Magua has sold me on Berggren so ****ing much. I love him.

Great. Now we're a cult. If Appleyard advised me to trade my daughter to move up in the 3rd round and pick a particular prospect, I would probably look at his posted stats.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
What does anyone think of K'andre Miller? I don't know much about him, but the Devils board seemed to really like him (lost by 1 vote). Would be better if he was right handed for sure.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
What does anyone think of K'andre Miller? I don't know much about him, but the Devils board seemed to really like him (lost by 1 vote). Would be better if he was right handed for sure.

Would not take at 19. Too many questions about his hockey sense at D. And, for a former forward, his offensive totals weren’t first-round eye opening.

Reactions: Jray42

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad