OT: 2018 Football Thread II: Everyone sucks!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Jonathan Stewart=Tanner Glass

A guy that sucks only signed because of connection with Gettleman. Is here for his "leadership". Gets played despite MUCH better options below him. Dude had maybe one good play as a Giant.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Jonathan Stewart=Tanner Glass

A guy that sucks only signed because of connection with Gettleman. Is here for his "leadership". Gets played despite MUCH better options below him. Dude had maybe one good play as a Giant.

He didn't even manage one good play so far.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Between the punting muffs and now the kick return, Cannon may play his way off the team. If Powell, Crowell and McGuire are healthy, I don't know if Cannon has flashed enough as a runner to stick.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Eli having a great night. Really would like to see him actually throw a proper ball to a 6'4" receiver, though. No clue why he overthrows short guys and doesn't air it up more to tall dudes.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Between the punting muffs and now the kick return, Cannon may play his way off the team. If Powell, Crowell and McGuire are healthy, I don't know if Cannon has flashed enough as a runner to stick.
That fumble was not his fault at all. He was flat out mugged (legally, though).

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Eli 17/23, 188 yrds... Must be his best preseason game ever.
Shurmur's offense is incredible, even more when you compare with the garbage that we watched under McAdoo.

OTOH

I blame Stewart.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
That fumble was not his fault at all. He was flat out mugged (legally, though).
Yeah but when you're in Cannon's position it doesn't really matter. His path to the team was as a 3/4 RB who returned kicks. He's completely incapable of fielding punts and he just fumbled a kick return (whether or not at fault). Unless they think incredibly highly of his abilities as a RB, which they don't based on practice usage, then he destined for the practice squad or somewhere else.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Appears that OBJ signed a new contract. With only about $1 million in cap space I wonder what other moves this required.

Edit: It's an extension so he's playing 2018 for $8.5 million?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Teddy to the Saints for picks.

I was hoping he'd end up somewhere he got a shot at a starting job. Good dude. Rooting for him
Smart play. He was basically a nothing that they turned into an asset and have now turned into picks, even if they're mediocre picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad