OT: 2018 Football Thread II: Everyone sucks!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
What's Saquon's cap hit and where does it rank among league RBs right now? I'm seeing 5.6m and 8th in the league, but not sure if accurate. NFL Running Back Spending - Cap

Anyway, this is just going back to the 'issue' with drafting Saquon that high. Thrilled he's a Giant, not thrilled that he gets that $. That's all it really comes down to.

That's really why the only correct move was QB or trade down. The amount we are paying Saquon is bonkers.

Reactions: jas

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
That's really why the only correct move was QB or trade down. The amount we are paying Saquon is bonkers.
Yep. The way the NFL so rapidly moved away from paying RBs is still lost on some. I blame being part of the Madden generation. And then people will always misconstrue this take as 'not liking Saquon' which couldn't be farther from the truth.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yep. The way the NFL so rapidly moved away from paying RBs is still lost on some. I blame being part of the Madden generation. And then people will always misconstrue this take as 'not liking Saquon' which couldn't be farther from the truth.

Right, I love the guy as a RB prospect but I hate the idea of paying RBs like this.

Reactions: silverfish

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Can’t wait to see the Chiefs score 30 every game (while also giving up 30)

Smith not being the QB anymore is still pretty surreal. In a good way.

RIP in pieces Deadskins

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

I think it's more the result of fantasy football than Madden.

Forever RBs controlled the fantasy game. Even now, a Rb could suck in real life but be alright in fantasy b/c a team just gives him a million touches - ala Jonathan Stewart for years in Carolina (sorry....)

NYRPat21

Jan 1, 2010
Ridge, New York
So the Giants signed Connor Baldwin earlier today. Not sure how much he has left in the tank but I always liked his game when he played for Philly and they needed some more depth in that area of defense.

Reactions: RGY

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

Eli to Barkley

noyphh.jpg

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Think of how much more open OBJ, Shep, and Engram are going to be, now.
Honestly, I look at this offense and I couldn't be more excited. I think Eli is going to have some extra time this year with the OLine improvements. I think Barkley gives us an actual running game which should open up the play action. How many teams in the league can guard all of these weapons if Barkley, OBJ, Shep, and Engram are all running routes?

With good health, I think we're playoff bound.

Thought that last year too, though, so f*** me.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Honestly, I look at this offense and I couldn't be more excited. I think Eli is going to have some extra time this year with the OLine improvements. I think Barkley gives us an actual running game which should open up the play action. How many teams in the league can guard all of these weapons if Barkley, OBJ, Shep, and Engram are all running routes?

With good health, I think we're playoff bound.

Thought that last year too, though, so **** me.

All Eli has to do is not f*** up. Granted, I think that's asking a lot at this point since he couldn't even hit a screen pass last year. But if we get even *PASSABLE* play from him, it's an extremely dangerous offense.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Aww yeah, college football! I love the early weeks, sooo exciting. I can't wait to watch Alabama blowout Bumble**** State 87-3. :sarcasm:

I do love college football, but it is not without it's ****ty games.

And baseball is awesome, so get out of here with that.
RB would totally hate baseball, seeing as robots can’t comprehend fun and joy.

Although...

“Judge. He’ll be 27 and eligible for arbitration this upcoming off season. Are the Yankes really going to give him 40 million a year until he’s 35? No. Trade him.”

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I think Dez might be cooked at this point.

Not to mention that after Odell, Engram, Shep and Saquon he'd just get buried on the hierarchy of touches.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The only way you sign Dez if you're the Giants is if he takes almost no guaranteed money with the explicit understanding that his ass would be cut at the first sign of whining about touches.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The only way you sign Dez if you're the Giants is if he takes almost no guaranteed money with the explicit understanding that his ass would be cut at the first sign of whining about touches.
I mean that is the kinda agreement i would be offering him. He has waited this long and turned down other teams. He is a big body receiver who still has enough in the tank to require attention on the field, opening space for the others. And then occassionally he has that big body receiver in the red zone. I like some of the other receivers we have beyond OBJ, Shep, and Engram, but Dez is still better than those secondary receivers. Also good insurance to have in case of injuries

Reactions: Hunter Gathers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad